cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Tables on two rows

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a nested table in the Context section of my report, which has a control level. When I drag-n-drop the table onto the form, it is just one large row. If I try to break the columns into multiple rows, the table no longer functions properly.

How can I make a nested table into more than one row and it still work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the cardinality of the context node. It has to be set to '0:n' for multipple rows.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanoosh, I'm speaking to Adobe Interactive Forms. Sounds like you are talking about WebDynpro for ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I could understand from your query is.

You have a context of table type and is nested, may be the number of columns are more enough that it doesnot fit in one row of the form, so you wanted to publish a single instance/record data in 2 different rows is it so ..?

well if so, if I were you instead of using table I will use subform with flowed westerntext layout by which all the (say 10 )colums will display in 2 rows with 5 columns each.

Then I would do data bb inding individually.

This was adviced by Otto and works perfectly, I am using this approach in several forms.

Let me know if my understanding was wrong or if you find any issues implementing this approach.

Cheers,

Sai

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

What about the control-break(s)? Yes, I have used nested subforms before, but I cannot get the control-breaks to work. The subforms simply output the table contents. What I need is something like this:

Group1 data

-->Group1 details data

-->Group1 details data

Group2 data

-->Group2 details data

-->Group2 details data

Your proposed solution would do this, from my trials and testing:

Group1 data

-->Group1 details data

-->Group1 details data

-->Group2 details data

-->Group2 details data

Group2 data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be some mistakes in your design of the subforms, the approach works perfect.

send me your xdp, i can check it.

My hierarchy Structure looks like this.

root
  |--Data
        |----Header 
                   |------Fields
                           :
        |----row 1 (western flowed)
                  |------coulms 1 to 5
                  |------coulms 5 to 10

Cheers,

Sai.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

How do I save as XDP format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just copy the xml source code from the ADLC, put it in a .TXT file.

for mailing just send it as .TXT as servers block some xml files, for your purpose save it as .XDP.

Cheers

Sai

Answers (0)