Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error in idoc to file scenario in PI 7.0

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting a RFC error message like this below

:u201D RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: An exception occurred that was not caught.: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling Z_XI_SEND_MAIL in remote system (RfcClient[RFC_REJECTION_MAIL]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: An exception occurred that was not caught.u201D

Here Z_XI_SEND_MAIL is a customised function module which is calling some classes. This function module is responsible for sending emails to a group of people. This function module is working fine in acceptance server and development server but throwing exception in production. Thus the users are unable to receive emails. There has been no code changes in the function module. Idocs are being triggrred from sap r/3 system into XI, then being processed by a BPM, finally RFC (Z_XI_SEND_MAIL ) is being called to send email messages. SXMB_MONI is showing that the email message is being send to the RFC properly but communication channel is showing the above mentioned error.

Please suggest me what might be the reason of such errors?

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tested the production data in your acceptance system or development system for the interface?

Is it working fine??

It seems that the function module is generating exception, which could be due to data.

-Rahul

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am trying the soultion you have stated. Will let you know the results. I have already tried with similar data but not exactly same.

regards

Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem has been sorted out. I just added a missing entry of a file type in a table in XI server. Immediately the mails started triggering. The program for triggering emails used to take inputs from the table.

regards

Anupam

Answers (0)