cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text Transfer Issue from MDM to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Long text description is displayed in truncated form in the SRM shopping cart. When the items are getting transferred from SRM MDM to SRM shopping cart, the text is getting truncated.

Any leads on how this can be fixed?

Regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check the Note 1506246.

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having similar issue. After selecting the service in shopping cart from MDM, long text of the service is not displayed. Can you help me how to get that text copied. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.Please change the file extension to .docx

Thanks in Advance,

Ramesh

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

is the longtext sent by the catalog i.e. is the OCI field NEW_ITEM-LONGTEXT filled?

If the OCI data don't contain this information, maybe the OCI mapping is incomplete.

If this data is sent by the catalog, you will have to look for the solution on SRM side.

Regards,

Timea

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me in which function module/BAdI this field can be seen. I want to check in debugging if the data is coming or not.

FYI, we have implemented the BAdI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

-Ramesh

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way to check the OCI data is to make a HTTPWatch trace and check the POST data coming back from the catalog.

The return from the catalog can be debugged in FM WSI_IMPORT_DATA (which calls your BADI implementation). Also methods CHECK_LONGTEXT, SPLIT_LONGTEXT, EXECUTE of class /SAPSRM/CL_FPM_OCI_RESUMECMD are called before WSI_IMPORT_DATA, that might be a good entry point.

I hope it helps you to find the cause of the behavior.

Regards,

Timea

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

It seems we are getting the data from MDM, but finally it is not appearing on the portal screen.Do we need to create the text by ABAP code using SAVE_TEXT function module?

Thanks,

Ramesh

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

no, it has to be transferred to the SRM document. If it is not appearing, maybe it is overwritten/dleted in the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER or other BADi. You can also search for SAP notes in the topic.

Regards,

Timea

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Sorry for late reply. I have check that the long text is available in internal tables ET_SC_LONGTEXT/et_enr_longtext after the BAdI but still not appearing on screen.Do you know how can find where the text is missing after that?

Thanks,

Ramesh