Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an install CD for SAP GUI Windows Patch Level 4

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create an Install CD for SAP GUI 720 for Windows with Patch Level 4

so that my user just install once.

From the market place, I can download Patch Level 0 distribution.

It is a Zip file that I can extract and use to generate an Install CD.

But it is LVL 0 only,

Then, I can download the Patch 4 executable file.

Unfortunately, the only way I can go to patch 4 is to execute this new program on my installed GUI.

Is there a way to generate, or even better download, an install CD that would contains the PL4?

so that the user just does one install and does not have to run the patch executable after the install.

If yes, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a way to generate, or even better download, an install CD that would contains the PL4?

> so that the user just does one install and does not have to run the patch executable after the install.

You can create an "installation server", create a package and let either users call the setup (with the patch) or even push the SAPGUIs to the client.

Markus

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Is installing an install server the easiest way of creating this CD?

If could do it whithout going through this process, it would be much less effort.

My retired colleague gave me a GUI 710 "Compilation 3".

This correspond to patch Level 11.

He did not install an installation server.

Would you know if Sap used to provide these patched archives or if they still provide them?

If yes where could I find them?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is installing an install server the easiest way of creating this CD?

> If could do it whithout going through this process, it would be much less effort.

I'm not sure so. If e. g. patch 5 or 6 is coming out, you'll always create new CDs and send them out to people to manually install them? if you have an installation server you patch that one and only the patch is distributed (only the changed files). This will save eventually lot of time on the clients.

> My retired colleague gave me a GUI 710 "Compilation 3".

> This correspond to patch Level 11.

> He did not install an installation server.

Yes, there were several compilations of CDs provided by SAP, the newest 7.20 has no patches. They may produce a newer CD in the future.

> Would you know if Sap used to provide these patched archives or if they still provide them?

> If yes where could I find them?

SAPGUI 7.10 will run out of maintenance in april 2011 so I would not install 7.10 on new PCs.

Markus

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

> I'm not sure so. If e. g. patch 5 or 6 is coming out, you'll always create new CDs and send them out to people to manually install them? if you have an installation server you patch that one and only the patch is distributed (only the changed files). This will save eventually lot of time on the clients.

No my idea was to generate a CD with PL 4 now.

We test it and stand to it for a long time.

> Yes, there were several compilations of CDs provided by SAP, the newest 7.20 has no patches. They may produce a newer CD in the future.

Would someone know where I could get the release date of these compilation CD fro 720 Windows GUI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> No my idea was to generate a CD with PL 4 now.

You can do that using an installation server, you can create a single .EXE file and burn in to a CD for the user.

> We test it and stand to it for a long time.

We tried to do that in the last 15 years we're doing SAP, unfortunately there come always situations, where you don't get around installing patches on PCs. This is especially true for BW, where the tools used depend (more or less) to the patchlevel of the backend system. However,

> Would someone know where I could get the release date of these compilation CD fro 720 Windows GUI?

The patch dates/weeks are listed in "Note 1053737 - Expected release dates for SAP GUI for Windows & ITS Patches", however, they are estimates.

I would assume that the next compilation will be released with Business Suite 7i2010 (or whatever name it is actually). Those compilation CDs are neverless always at least one patch behind the actual one.

Markus

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

> I would assume that the next compilation will be released with Business Suite 7i2010 (or whatever name it is actually). Those compilation CDs are neverless always at least one patch behind the actual one.

Would you know when Business Suite 7i2010 is scheduled?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Answers (0)