cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create endpoints automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every time we do a client copy I have to create the endpoints for my web services manually (using SOAMANAGER).

Is there a way to do this automatically?

Thanks!

Cheers, Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

There's no automatic way to handle this currently.

Even if you promote web services from DEV to QAS for example, you have to manually re-configure your endpoints. An option called 'Mass Configuration' in SOAMANAGER eases the pain somewhat

Best Regards, Trevor

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Can you please comment on SAP note: 1328054

You configure provider webservices via mass configuration mechanism using profile and configuration scenario. After the successful creation of the endpoints they could not be found in the Single Configuration UI in SOAMANAGER.

Cheers, Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Both are active, allthough I do not use the DEFAULT_PROFILE.

I manually created all endpoints but deleted one to be able to test.

Do I have to delete all manually created endpoints before the job will run successfully?

Cheers, Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I created a new Configuration Scenario, added all my (relevant) web services, assigned them to the DEFAULT_PROFILE and activated my scenario.

How or when will this create the endpoints?

Cheers, Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Have both the DEFAULT_PROFILE & the Configuration Scenario been activated?

Only if both are active, there's a background job that does the rest.

See SAP Help link below for more detail:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/de/46/8c231eeece616ae10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

I don't have any info on the background job & the intervals it runs at but when I last tired this it was quick. I try digging up some info on it & provide feedback if I come acrossanything handy. Also, in newer SAP versions the 'Mass Configuration' option is called 'Business Scenarion Communication'

The digging yielded some results, it runs at 5 minute intervals:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/de/46/8c21e3eece616ae10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Also note the deletion of service endpoints section at the bottom if you de-activate either the profile or the scenario!

Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on Jan 26, 2011 9:57 AM

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on Jan 26, 2011 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Can you help me some more: how can 'Mass Configuration' ease the pain?

Can I generate endpoints for all my web services at once?

Cheers, Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's right. You can group all your web services together that use the same runtime config using a configuration profile. You can then configure them all at once. There was a very handy guide on how to use it here on SDN but I can't seem to find it now. Try a search & see if you yield better results.

Best Regards, Trevor