cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA office integratio errorn: "Office version is lower than 12"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to create a tiny program for testing WDA Office integration. Just put an OfficeControl with "ms_word". When run WDA app error message occurs in trace window and white box appears in browser with text "SAP IOS".

SAP ACF trace: "ERRO|20110124124119|WD12_4624|CIOS_GeneralDocumentContainer_Acf::|Office version is lower than 12, only native office format supported|HRESULT=-2147467259(Unspecified error)"

Sysinfo:

- SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

- SAPKA70103, SAPKB70103

- SAPGUI 7200.2.4.1057

- MSOFFICE 2003 (version 11) installed on client

Message says Office 2007 should be installed, but I want to use 2003 instead. Is it possible, and if it is than how to configure system to use office 2003 binaries?

BR

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think the key here is the last part of the error message:

Office version is lower than 12, only native office format supported

It isn't saying that your version of Office isn't supported. Instead it is say that only the native office file format is support for this older release level. That means no XML based Office files, but instead only binary native format. I'm assuming the content you are trying to open in Office is XML based.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas, to point on that.

The context assignment was the problem. I created an attribute type xtring, and assigned to control's datasource, and magic happened!

Rob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For information about the Office versions supported by SAP, see SAP Note 892638 .

also are you trying the UI element in expert mode or non expert mode.

thanks

sarb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers, but I've already seen these notes.

Office 2003 is supported till 2014.

I think if I wolud install 2007 than it sould work, but I need 2003 instead.

I assume there must be somewhere a configuration possibility to set which version of MS Office should be used by the SIOS.

P.S: No I don't use expert mode

Br,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hoi Robert,

See sap note 722513 for the office versions support information.