cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User xxx does not exist/not attached in this period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

I have a growing problem (as my attempts to find a solution fails one after another). I have a new employee (ESS) created in portal and it works fine until he attempts to view certain iViews like "Skills Profile" and a few others. Portal sends "Critical Error" with "User xxx does not exist/not attached in this period.

I have checked PA30, infotype communication (105) links to 0001 and correct user (same as portal user). also transaction HRUSER in ABAP backend has correct information and user assigned.

It is really strange - we have a couple new employees created this same date and only one is having issues. I have checked SU01, PA30, HRUSER everything is ok. Only difference is that he is also a manager, but I have compared roles and theyre ok, but it should also not affect the connection to the backend - only limit his access to MSS tabs etc. We also tried to delete him and create him again but its the same issue.

Can it somehow be related to OB52 so that he is assignet in a different way to this compared to the other employees?

I hope someone has ideas as this is really fuel for a brain tumor / gray hair / loss of manhood

Thanks in advance, any input will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Soren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been getting the same error on my system for certain employees.

Has someone found the reason why this happens or has a solution to the problem?

Cheers,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru's,

I found a difference when going through the logs on Portal side. A "regular" user which works as intended is receiving this when logging on:

xxx | USERMAPPING.USE | USER.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:xxx| | systemtype=[*SAP_R3*], system=["*SID of our system*"], uses strong encryption=[false], remote user ID=[(none)]

The user which doesnt function gets:

xxx | USERMAPPING.USE | USER.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:xxx | | systemtype=[(*none*)], system=["*UMESystemLandscapeDummy*"], uses strong encryption=[false], remote user ID=[(none)]

can anyone elaborate on this why it looks like this user is receiving some standard test systemtype and system?

Thanks!

-Soren