cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use two context nodes in a single table view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a window context node which is mapped to a dictionary structure. I have created a second node which contains some texts. I've mapped both nodes with the context of a view. In this view I have created a table which shows lines of the first node (the one mapped to a dictionary structure). What I want is to show some text from the second node in a column of the table.

Both of the nodes are populated upon initialization of the window. And they have a 1:1 mapping. (i.e the first line of the second node has some text for the first line of the first node ) . When the table is displayed what I get is the first line of the second node for all the lines of the first node. How can I change that? How can I make the second (text) node show the relevant text of the relevant line?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the columns should be part of the same datasource(node) which is binded to your table control.

I don't think it is possible

Create another node and include all the attributes you want and merge the data into single node by reading the other two.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You can make it work by using the logic of populating the node itself with modified values.

i.e. during the population of the first node populate the text with the text from the second node by looping through its elements

one by one.

node 1 -- during its population or may be after its population loop though its elements and modify the value of text

with the proper value taken from the corresponding value of text from the corresponding element of node 2.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarbjeet ,

Thanks for the answer but this is not what I'm looking for. Both tables are populated correctly. What seems to be the problem is that in the table shown in the view a column must take its elements from the relevant lines of another node.(the text node).

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

thats not possible at the design level.

you have to modify the content of the node which is bound to the table as data source.

that is what i telling you to do at the time of population of the node.

thanks

sarbjeet