cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI HTTP Adapter Capability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'd like to know if PI's HTTP Adapter supports HTTP posts with multipart/form-data content type. If it's not possible, what's the possible alternative?

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. HTTP adapter supports multipart content type. but just wants to know , you wanna use HTTP sender or receiver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It is used for HTTP Receiver. Is this possible for using it to send the message as an attachment using Plain HTTP. I thought of it as not possible since it resides in ABAP stack and I was thinking of resolving this by using SOAP Adapter instead.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a multipart adapter module from scratch. Concept is coming from how multipart messages are created and developed a code out from it. Headers are removed since its not mandatory. Adjust SOAP Receiver comm channel not to send response and remove SOAP envelope.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would be great if you can blog this or provide us with the adapter module code snippets.

Though it sounds simple, I am sure it wouldn't have been that easy

Regards,

Bhavesh

errol_sayre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have you had a chance to make this a blog post yet? What you're trying to do seems to be almost identical to what I need to build.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> I'd like to know if PI's HTTP Adapter supports HTTP posts with multipart/form-data content type. If it's not possible, what's the possible alternative?

See this link...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to upload an XML message with a web form, then you can do this with help of the prolog/epilog section, where you put the form data parts.

You need to know, how your HTTP body should look like, then you can give it a try.

Another option is creating the whole HTTP body with a Java mapping or using a Java Proxy to do the HTTP post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm planning to use SOAP Adapter to send the data to target system using since HTTP Adapter can't be used to send message with attachment (provided that Java Mapping won't be used). Is it possible for SOAP Adapter (receiver) to be an alternative of HTTP Adapter by configuring the adapter not to send SOAP Envelope, would it still expect to receive a SOAP response?

R-jay

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> would it still expect to receive a SOAP response?

No, it would work like HTTP adapter and not expect a SOAP response.

I have no clue, how you want to provide formdata with SOAP adapter. Would you share your experience, when you finish it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

>Would you share your experience, when you finish it?

Sure thing!