cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload data to SPM after getting the data into PSA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to load data into SPM for the first time. I replicated the dataSources in BI. I made the entries in OPM_SOURCES table.

What will I do next to load the data to SPM?

Can you please some one send me the step by step procedure or any help links appreciated.

Thanks

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did u able to get thru with the above issue? We are facing the same issue and I have checked and found the services *GET_FILES, *GET_ROLES,OPM_DM_X_API are active.

Are we missing something, your input would certainly help.

Thanks,

Aparna Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI ?

Please suggest. We are struggling !!!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, by clicking the rlease, this triggers the business content spm process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

After you have configured data mgmt (check documentation - especially the install guide), you can start loading data, instructions at help site here http://help.sap.com/content/bobj/sbu/docu_sbs_xsa_design.htm >> select release >> application help >> Data Management

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In the help you referred, its asking to configure the Global settings, Source System etc.

From the infosessions, I was under the impression that once the OPM_SOURCES table is having the entry, it should be visible in the UI. I have one entry for BUYER in the OPM_SOURCES tables as shown below.

SOURCE ID ERPCLNT020##Z_SADSDEMOBUYER

SOURCE NAME DEMOBUYER

UPLOAD TYPE BUYER

SOURCE TYPE DS

after doing this , I can't see anything in UI to load this BUYER data to SPM.

There is no step by step explanation anywhere regarding this. Can you please guide what needs to be done next.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The OPM_SOURCES table is only to register the SPM datasources. To load data into the SPM application you have certain pre-requisite and one of them is 'Global settings' in the SPM UI.

Please revisit the infosession to identify all the necessary settings before you can load data.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

As rohit said, check the settings.

Especially the webservice (OPMDM_X_API is active) and the export folder location has been set.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh / Rohit,

We have few more problems here.

1) We couldn't find the Web Service OPMDM_X_API on our system in the T.Code SICF.

2) on the UI side, when we try to add the folders in the Global Settings, when we click "Save" it doesn't really do anything. The Cursor keeps rotating and it never ends.

3) Issues found while checking the config with the SSA_HELPER_PROGRAM

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Settings in table OPMDM_SYSTEM

Following systems found: ERPCLNT020 ( Should this be the exact name of the ERP Client ?)

Settings in table OPM_SOURCES

The following data sources found:

Data source ERPCLNT020##Z_SADSDEMOBUYER for object BUYER.

Data source ERPCLNT020##Z_SADSDEMOBUYER configured incorrectly; the issues are:

Data Source Z_SADSDEMOBUYER does not exist; you can create it in transaction RSA1.

You cannot proceed with loading data until this is configured.

The BI Data Source (Z_SADSDEMOBUYER) is active. I checked ad I was able to load the data to PSA. Still the OPM_SOURCES table showing the error.

We are eneded up with multiple issues.

I hope I am not bombording with lot of issues here. Any guidance in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

1) Typo from my end, its actually OPM_DM_X_API - this webservice if inactive will cause data mgmt functions to not work in the UI.

2) Source system should be the exact name of the ERP client

3) Yes, the error in the config program was recently revealed and will be fixed in SP06. The config program is checking for D version of the data source. SInce this was generated during repliocation and not delivered, it will only have an A version. As long as you can load data directly and it is tied to the same source system it should be fine and you can ignore this error message.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response.

We are still facing the following problems while we are trying to Fix the OPM_DM_X_API issue.

u2022 We were not able to see OPM* service in SICF list in BI system.

u2022 We found the following link and based on the instruction [http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/blank/view/wlg/20273] and created OPM* serverice using WSCONFIG t-code. We have saved service and checked for consistency and it shows consistent

u2022 We checked the service using WSADMIN and we were able to see service there. Please note that the service is still not visible in SICF

u2022 When we are trying to test the service from WSADMIN, It gives following message - Cannot download WSDL from [http://sealpibi.sealconsult.com:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/OPM_DM_X_API?sap-client=001&wsdl=1.1&style=rpc]: In/Out parameters of operations must be same type

Can you please help us, not sure if we are missing any small detail...

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Its not necessary to see this service "OPM_DM_X_API" in SICF. Also its difficult to test this service as its one service used for multiple and complex operations. So I would recommend you to test other simple service like *GET_FILES, *GET_ROLES.

If you are not able to test any of the services, that seems like a configuration issue in BW and not related to SPM application or SPM webservices.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

while we are trying to edit the Global Settings (or any actions performed on UI ) the clock keeps rotating. It doesn't stop.

What could be the real issue?

Do you think we would be missing any small details on Portal Config side?

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

This seems like a web service communication issue. Looks like the web services needed for application to work are not accessible or not working. Were you able to test the simple web service (GET_FILES, GET_ROLES).

Regards,

Rohit

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

After installed SPM 2.1 in ABAP BW the guide explains I should execute program SSA_HELPER_PROGRAM but nothing happened after that I can't see the SPM Content in RSA1

Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to upload data to SPM Inbound layer through UI. I have got the data loaded in the all the SPM datasources and all the SPM objects are installed ( cubes, inbound layer, dso , MP etc). But how do I trigger the load's from PSA to the Inbound layer. Please advise.

I have checked in the UI , data adminstration tab and do you have any document or steps to initiate the load from PSA to the Inbound layer of the SAP BI. Is there any FM to run or do we need to start the API load from the UI. What settings need to be maintained in UI ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Hi,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,