cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow Launch Problem version SAP MDM 7.1.2.59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP MDM 7.1.2.59 on SUSE Linux Server 64-bit m/c. And installed all Clients on Windows XP.

MS-Visio is also installed on my windows Box.

But when i open data manager i am seeing the workflow icon disabled. Also not able to add a workflow.

Any one knows what is the reason for this?

Please let me know if i need to add any specific patch at Server side.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please check the SAP Note 1300651 - Workflow table is disabled - MDM Data Manager

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1300651

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sowseel

Edited by: sowseel pasumarthi on Jan 25, 2011 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowseel - The link is useful. But i did not understand the meaning of the sentence in the note

"you need to give the Power User group full control on "HKLM/SOFTWARE/SAP/MDM 7.1" key"

What does this mean?

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey -

Checkout your visio setting

In MDM Data Manager, make sure the Workflows table is the current table. In the Records pane, select any workflow record.

In the Record Detail tab, then double-click on the Workflow property to open Microsoft Visio. Choose Tools > Options from the Visio main menu.Choose File Paths to open the File Paths dialog. In the File Paths dialog, set both Add-Ons and Start-Up to the folder where the Worklfow.vsl file is installed (the Data Manager installation folder, by default). Click OK to close the File Paths dialog.

also go through the links below for similar issue

for MS visio version

Hope that Help

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowseel. After giving Power User group full control on "HKLM/SOFTWARE/SAP/MDM 7.1" key"

I am seeing workflow table enabled. I am able to open Workflow through Data Manager and create the visio's. But not able to save the workflow. While Saving i am getting error . I am getting a screen " Viso encountered problem" .

I am using MS Visio 2003 (11.3216.5606) . Any idea whhy this is happening.

satish_more3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have MDM data manager 7.1, I have few records in workflow but there are no task assoicated. Also these records are protected, showing lock icon. Please help in removing the records from work flow and also unprotecting it. I can't unprotect by right click option.

Thanks,
Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Problem may be Role problem of your user

Please check your user Role in Console Role Tables and Functions Workflow

If Workflow access Read only please change into Read and Write and try.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghav - Thanks for response.

But I am using Admin user who has read/write permission to all.