Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapters become unresponsive but shows no error until reactivated

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have scenario like RFC to File, RFC to Webservice in the Production system. There are background jobs scheduled on daily basis in the R3 server for these. These jobs are successful. But on few days, the job gets finished in the R3 end, but the data doesn't enter the XI. The adapters doesn't show any error also.The adapters remain green. In such cases, when i re activate the adapters or a siomple stop and start of the adapters solves the problem. When i re run the job data passes through XI. I am facing this problem at least once in a month.

Even though i know that the solution is the re activation of the adapter or the stop and start of the adapters,the cause is unknown. Has anyone come across such a problem? Please give your valuable comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I can use the proxy instead of RFC in the coming developments, but for the existing i am not allowed to replace the RFC with the proxy. So, does it mean that, other than start stop of the adapters, there isn't any other way to solve this without replacing the RFC adapters?

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you will have to manually start and Stop the channels, every time the corresponding ECC system is up after being down for maintenance.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There used to be a problem in PI 7.0- Note 1510938 - RFC sender adapter status not updated on reconnect

RFC sender channel did not update the reconnect status in RWB channel monitoring in case of any temperary connection issus to the gateway.

Regards,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perharps, your entries remains with errors in RFC comm .

Check transaction SM58 when the isuse is reproduced.

If yes, program in your R3 system a periodical job to reprocess entries in SM58 ---> report RSARFCEX

Regards,

Carme.

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

have anyone faced this problem. it would be helpful if you could provide a solution for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We also have similar problem but it will happen when u do any modification to the RFC and when you down the R/3 for the maintance adpater lose connectivity with the R/3 sytem and we need to start and stop the channel

Thanks

Jai

Edited by: Jayaraman P on Feb 8, 2011 8:19 AM

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

But can this be avoided by implementing any changes? Because this is occuring frequently in the production server.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once solution would be replacing RFC with proxy provided that you SAP R/3 system version in >6.2

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perharps, your entries remains with errors in RFC comm .

Check transaction SM58 when the isuse is reproduced.

If yes, program in your R3 system a periodical job to reprocess entries in SM58 ---> report RSARFCEX

Regards,

Carme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, proxy would be the best solution.

Ref: /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Thanks,