cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can some one please guide me on configuring Barcode / Label printers. We are planning to use Intermec printers on our new ware House environment.

Please guide me on this as I am working on label printing first time. Please let me know the activities involved from basis end.

I have got some useful information from net however it will be useful if some one share your thoughts who already worked on label printers.

REgards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vinod kumar

For this u can use the SAP S Print method. normally you can define the printer in any one of the PC. in that run the SAPSPRINT as windows server. and then release the spool to the hosts spool-er.

farther more details can u check the links http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c1/d4ea3bb5af9112e10000000a11402f/content.htm

regards

S.Sriram

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to first find the drivers for the printer which are compatible with SAP from the Printers' site.

Then upload the drivers in SAP and then configure the printer as a front end printer.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Can you please tell me how to upload device driver into SAP using SPAD transaction.

Regards,

Vinod

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The first thing you need to address is what type of labels will be printed and how will they be generated, ie. are these going to be Adobe, SmartForms, or SAPScript?

I have no experience with SmartForms or SAPScript and labels. If the labels are Adobe (which is the direction SAP claims to be moving in) then as far as I know the only SAP drivers which SAP supports are for Zebra. There is a 200 and a 300 dpi driver (AZPL203 and AZPL300 device types in SPAD). In this case you'll need to make sure your printer supports Zebra emulation. We have several different models from Printronix and Zebra that work perfectly for our Adobe labels.

Brian