cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account and Cost elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am looking for a report to check the GL accounts and the cost elements. I want to check if the cost element is been created for all the GL accounts and incase if I missed on the cost element for any GL account then I should create it.

Is there any standard report or even if I have to check 2 reports that would be fine.

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

1. If automatic creation of the cost element is selected in your chart of accounts then you check it out list in transaction OKB2 where there is less scope to miss the creation of cost elements.

2. If it was not activated or activated later then take the GL Account list from SKB1 and cost element list from CSKA and use VLOOKUP functionality of excel.

Creating query will not help here because filed GL Account and Cost element are different even though they have the same value.

Regards,

Chintan Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply this really helped me and has solved my query.I just wanted to know that when ever we create a new

GL account even if it is a recon account do we need to create a cost element for the same.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

We will not create recon GLs as cost elements.

Recon GLs will be a Balance Sheet GL and not a Profit & Loss GL.

Thanks & Regards

Omprakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

We can get the list of Cost element in KA23

S_ALR_87012328 / FS00 - G/L Account List

Compare these, it may help.

Thanks and Regards

Om

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per my understanding there is no standard table to match you requirement .

You can take a dump of SKA1 , SKB1 and compare the same with CSKA ( Cost element ) .

Regards ,

Dewang T