cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive flat file from XI to R/3 system?

former_member587421
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

The XI will receive XML files from other source. I have to pick that XML file and convert it in flat file so that i can receive it in R/3 with required BAPI. Guys plz tell me necessary steps need to follow to do the whole process. I dont know much about XI and from lots of tutorials i am getting confused. I have to work with both XI and SAP R/3. What to do. Plz advise me.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Rosaline.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to convert that XML file in Mapping or FCC Receiver Comm. Channel & place the Flat file in folder using Receiver File Adapter.

I hope that you will use that file for data upload on R/3 System using some program or BAPI.

It will be better to use that BAPI dirctly or use that BAPI or program in PROXY.

You can also save the data in Database table on R/3 System using BAPI or PROXY.

In this case, you do not need to make conversion in Mapping program & data will be post on R/3 system without any delay.

former_member587421
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the BAPI BAPIGOODSMVT_CREATE_ to create a GRN .

It will be better to use that BAPI dirctly or use that BAPI or program in PROXY.

You can also save the data in Database table on R/3 System using BAPI or PROXY.

In this case, you do not need to make conversion in Mapping program & data will be post on R/3 system without any delay.

Plz tell me how to use this BAPI directly so that data will post on R/3 without delay ?

Thanks,

With regards,

Rosaline.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

currently, you are using functionality for File to file scenario, XML file to Flat file.

For receiver side, you can use BAPI & map your XML file to BAPI Importing parameters.

The scenario will be File to RFC.

There are so many links for File to RFC Scenario, search on SDN.

For receiver Proxy scenario, take the help from below link :

/people/sandeep.kaushik/blog/2010/07/15/abap-proxy-complete-developments-on-sap-pi-sap-abap-systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think yours is File to RFC sceanario...(one thing wanted to know why you need flatfile structure...format of XML data received in PI..)

If my understanding of your requirement is correct then you can straightway import hte BAPI into PI...

after that do the mapping between XML data and BAPI input...

create the needed objects in PI and thats it data will be sent directly to R/3..as and when xml data is sent/polled..

If need more details on how to implement File to RFC scenario have a search in SDN...(additional thing as your case is BAPI need to handle Commit in RFC receiver channel of PI)

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have to pick that XML file and convert it in flat file so that i can receive it in R/3 with required BAPI.

1) convert the XML content of the file into flat structure (using UDF or JAVA mapping)....map the output of the JAVA mapping to the the BAPI structure....so now you would have falt file (content) in the BAPI.

2) create a flat file using PI and place it in some folder....now the BAPI program should pick this flat file from the folder and process accordingly....this will not require a JAVA mapping and can be done by FCC parameters of the File channel.

former_member587421
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Thanks for your help.

1) convert the XML content of the file into flat structure (using UDF or JAVA mapping)....map the output of the JAVA mapping to the the BAPI structure....so now you would have falt file (content) in the BAPI.

2) create a flat file using PI and place it in some folder....now the BAPI program should pick this flat file from the folder and process accordingly....this will not require a JAVA mapping and can be done by FCC parameters of the File channel.

These are 2 diff way or steps? Plz provide any help link.

With regards,

Rosaline.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
These are 2 diff way or steps?

2 different ways (options)