cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer - SMSY (ABAP + JAVA)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I will try to explain what is my doubt/problem.

We have a system ECC 6.0 with both stacks ABAP + JAVA. We want to do a support packages update, so I went to maintenance optimizer (MOPZ) and I choose that system, but during the process, after I select the SPS 18, in the end of MOPZ process, only ABAP packages (stack 18) were calculated! Which means the JAVA support packages was not maintained in Download Basket! Why?!

I would expect that process on MOPZ did this calculation for both stacks ABAP and JAVA together, but not, there is only ABAP packages in Download Basket!

Because I also want to do JAVA support packages Update (with JSPM)!

I guess this is a problem in SMSY... in Instance definition, isn't it?

Can you help me please?!

Thank you

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that in SMSY you mark the Java product instances as 'relevant'. Then you have to assign the relevant Java product instances to a Java technical system. You do that selecting the 'technical system assignment' button, then you will be

able to fill the SID of the technical system and choose the Java technical system type from the dropdown.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You must have properly define the system in SMSY and SLD.

Please check

[|]

Jansi

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain JAVA in the System Usage type in SMSY

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SMSY definition would be the problem.

Make sure the Java based techincal usage types are also selected for the system under the Product Instance Selection tab.

Also, a corresponding technical system should be created for the Java part. The technical system details should contain information about the Java stack i.e. message server, dispatcher port, software components etc.

Ideally all the above information should be populated automatically if the Java part of system is registered properly on the SolMan SLD and SMSY_SETUP has run successfully.

Regards,

Srikishan