cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Rules in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am a new to SRM. I needed to understand if we could set up any CO validation rules in SRM. For e.g. in R/3 we use transaction GGB0 to set up FI and CO validation rules.

1. Is there any transaction to set up validation rules in SRM?

2. In general, is there a process of validating the master data in SRM?

My Scenario:

We are creating an expense report in SRM for employee expenses incurred. Once the expense report is entered in the SRM portal, a trip data is created in R/3. We check the trip data for an employee in R/3 using PR05 and continue posting to FI/CO.

We would like to set up a validation rule in SRM (rule contains combination of GL account, cost center and statistical WBS element) so that when employee tries to post expense to a wrong combination of (GL account/cost center/statistical wbs) the system should give an error message while entering the expenses in SRM. How can we achieve this scenario?

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of i knew there is no validation rule exist in SRM as exists in ECC.

if you require you may need to via RFC call only and validationd done by BBP_DOC_CHECK bADI.

there may not be any front end validation rule combination of GL account and account assignment. It allows to enter any availble GL accounts ( in the ECC) / cost center with any combination .