cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add and hide more fields in PPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im new to this tool and I would like to know how to add and/or hide customized fields. I've only know that Its somewhere under SPRO > Global Enhancements to Project Elements but Im a little bit lost there. Can somebody explain to me with details how to do this and also, does this need a specific access of developer to do this customization?

As this is a basic need for all, anybody that is new on the tool and search for this will have a good reference on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Many regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the post i understand that you wish to add custom fields in PPM 5.0 and also hide fields not needed by business.

Is that the requirement ?

If yes then hiding is possible from field control in IMG > SPRO. If you wish to add custom fields then you have to proceed by adding custom fields to structure CI_DPR* structures. Once you add fields to these structures, create webdynpro UI elements corresponding to the custom field and map it to the dictionary structure.

hope this helps..

regards,

abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right we are using here PPM 5.0.

"If you wish to add custom fields then you have to proceed by adding custom fields to structure CI_DPR* structures. Once you add fields to these structures, create webdynpro UI elements corresponding to the custom field and map it to the dictionary structure."

I saw some other help in other sources and the answer for this problem was similar with the one you gave me. The thing is: how can I do that? I dont know the path or how to configure this, i need more details.

Many thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, start with the first step.

SE11>DB table > DPR_PROJECT (all tables start from DPR*) > go to the include structure > CI_DPR_PROJECT.

Open the strycture in edit mode and add your field there.

Hope this is detailed enough.

regards

abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vamsixk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you can refer to this OSS note from SAP.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2548063

Kind regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path is SPRO > Global Enhancements to Project Elements > Setup field control.Herein,once you select the field control you may proceed towards defining the conditions that influence the same. A step by step approach is explained in the below article that will aid you to change properties of custom fields.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/3053cee2-4bca-2d10-38ae-efff39ad248e

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar