cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager installation error - Step 29 - Create Java Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing the Solution Manager tool, and have received an error message during the installation on step 29 of 44 (Create Java users).

The UserCheck.log file reflects the information below. Does anyone have an idea as to why this may be occurring? We are installing Solution Manager on a SQL Server 2008 database.

-

Usage : C:\usr\sap\SM1\DVEBMGS00\exe\jlaunch.exe [-options] <arg0> <arg1> ... <argn>

Launch the specified java program

options : [-file=<property file>] (default=jlaunch.properties)

[-nodename=<node name>] (default=jlaunch)

[-app=<application name>] Standalone application

-> <property file> = <application name>.properties

-> <SAP profile> = <application name>.pfl

[pf=<SAP profile>] (default=jlaunch.pfl)

[-parent=<pid of the parent process>] (default=0)

[-tracefile=<filename>] (default=dev_jlaunch)

Critical Error

Can't read program properties

-> Internal program error (rc = -1)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have solved this issue by manually upgrading the kernel. Thanks for everyone's input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We are facing the exact error as you were facing. Can you please let us know how exactly you upgraded the kernel manually?

Do you mean you downloaded the " NW 7.0 SR3 UC-Kernel 7.00 Wind. Server on x64 64bit Upg ABAP" file (51033508_16) from SAP Service market place and specified path of this file in the setup step for "NW Kernel" selection by re-starting the sapinst.exe and selecting the "Continue with the old install".

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stephen.

We are facing the exact error as you were facing. Can get you know how to manually update the kernel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The contents of /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install directory normally come via unpacking of the J2EEINSTALL.SAR archive from the <Java DVD>/J2EE_OSINDEP/J2EE-INST location.

Its common that these contents get deleted.

Uncar J2EEINSTALL.SAR from <Java DVD>/J2EE_OSINDEP/J2EE-INST and paste it in the installation directory.

Another possible solution would be to create manually the user SAPJSF in the ABAP stack of the solman system in client 001 with role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO or SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO. After this you could bypass that stage in the keydb.xml file following one of the two described ways :

1.- Run ./sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

2.- Or change 'keydb.xml' => change to OK the status of step

"createJSF"

Search in keydb.xml for something like :

<fld name="STEPKEY">

<strval><![CDATA[ NW_Onehost ind ind ind ind 0 0 NW_Onehost_System

ind ind ind ind 1 0 NW_CI_Instance ind ind ind ind 11 0 NW_CI_Instance_

Doublestack ind ind ind ind 3 0 createJSF]]>

</strval>

</fld>

<fld name="STATUS">

<strval><![CDATA[ERROR]]>

</strval>

</fld>

and change [CDATA[ERROR]] to [CDATA[OK]]

If you created correctly SAPJSF user in the ABAP stack of solman, please do this to skip this step.

Regards,

SBK

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Java version are you using? Are you installing on 64bit?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Java 1.6 installed and on a 64 bit server - Windows 2008 Server

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Java 1.6 is not supported, you have to use Java 1.4.2 (read the installation guide!)

Note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options

Since now the PATHs and the environment variables are set to the wrong one I suggest you uninstall the instance, install Java 1.4.2 and start again.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Markus. I uninstalled the 1.6 version of Java and installed the recommended version 1.4.2. I started the install from scratch; however, the process errored on the same step with the same error message.

-

FCO-00011 The step createJSF with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Doublestack|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|createJSF was executed with status ERROR .

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I had also faced the same issue.

I had to extract a SAR file from the JAVA components DVD and paste it in the tmp directory. Ill let u knw the exact solution by Monday, I had documented it.

Regards,

SBK