cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - Editing Auto Provisioning Email Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of editing the content of the Auto Provisioning email that is automatically sent out after user creation is done. Our policy is to send User ID and Password in separate emails.

Below not provides some insight into editing the initial data XML file AE_init_clean_and_insert_data.

[Note 1253720 - Compliant User Provisioning 5.3-Supressing Password Email|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1253720]

Questions I have:

1) If editing this XML file and re-loading will over-write the workflow configuration, then do I have to manually reconfigure all our workflows again or is there an option to export the workflow configuration and the import it back after re-loading the XML file? Which all existing configuration will be overwritten by reloading this file?

2) If at some point in time we decide to revert back to the standard XML file provided by SAP, then we again fall into the same issue as in the above question. What is best approach?

If anyone has experience in implementing the above note, then can you please provide some insight?

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your workflows wont be effected. If you however wanted to export the workflows you could do so along with intial system configuration under intial system data, roles and connectors.

If you want to export workflows alone, you can only export the initiators.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmaya.

What existing config data (that has already been customized) will be affected by re-uploading this XML file? One will obviously be the the email format which I would edit, apart from that what would get affected?

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Re-Uploading the XML files is a standard pack you do with every support pack.

So, the good news is that it won't kill any of your configuration, but any 'hack' you do there you'll have to repeat for EVERY support pack (and hope it still works the same way).

Frank.

Answers (0)