cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal for VB2010 - Error in References

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I have download Crystal for VB2010. I am migrating reports from scratch (no migration problems then)

When want to run the project I have this errors:

Error 1 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument'. Add one to your project. c:\users\alex\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\CrystalReportTest\CrystalReportTest\CrystalReport1.vb 100 16 CrystalReportTest

Error 2 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext'. Add one to your project. c:\users\alex\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\CrystalReportTest\CrystalReportTest\CrystalReport1.vb 100 16 CrystalReportTest

I have checked the references and the references those references are in the list.

I have change the compile settings options ( framework 4 - full client ) and CPU X64 as Don suggested in another thread.. and I have rebuild the project. I tried reinstalling Crystal also ( just in case!) and I still have that error.

The error arise when the report (generated with Crystal report wizard) call this

Implements ICachedReport

AND

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ICachedReport.CreateReport

someone has any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you see those assemblies in the GAC?

Other than version 13 references, do you see version 14 assemblies referenced also?

Confirm that this is happening on your development computer?

Did you ever have the Beta version on CRVS2010 on this computer?

Try the following:

1) Remove all CR references from your project

2) Remove the viewer from your project - if you are using it.

3) Re-add the viewer. See if that helps

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek, thanks for your reply

1) These are assemblies in the GAC:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0

CrystalDecisions.ReportResource

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

2) All of them version 13

3) Yes, is happening in my development computer ( windows 7, visual basic professional)

4) No, I haven't installed Beta version on CRVS201 in this computer ( but I have a old Crystal Report 11 )

I have tried the steps you told me, I tried in fact also generate a new project using the wizard for Crystal projects ( one form, one report), not much else. Still same problem.

I am puzzled.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very strange... Is this a web or win app?

If web, can you try a win app? Also, look in the web.config. You should see the assemblies referenced there - do you?

If win, can you try a web app?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried adding a report to a current application and I tried creating a separate new test application to no avail.

I'm not sure where I'm going from here.

This is a Visual Basic 2010/Visual Studio 2010 Win App with a local SQL Server 2008 EXP, residing on the development computer. The working app works fine I just can't get the app to run in the debugger because of the error messages.

==========

Error 1 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\Calmseas\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\CRTest1\CrystalReport1.vb 99 16 CRTest1

=============

Error 2 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\Calmseas\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\CRTest1\CrystalReport1.vb 99 16 CRTest1

==============

Error 3 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\Calmseas\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\CRTest1\CrystalReport1.vb 138 116 CRTest1

===============

Error 4 Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\Calmseas\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\CRTest1\CrystalReport1.vb 144 109 CRTest1

==========

WHOA!!! UPDATE

I just saved "all files" again, closed Visual Studio, reopened it and the errors went away and I showed an unpopulated report, now to get it to populate.

I left this in incase someone else bumps into the same problem. Hopefully, when I add reports to my working app it will go smoother.

Edited by: JetJockey on Jan 31, 2011 3:15 AM

Edited by: JetJockey on Jan 31, 2011 3:30 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that, in my case, it is a problem in the installation. There is something missing.

I am working with visual ultimate 2010, in a Windows 7 (64 bits), SQL 2008 R2..

Is there any consideration that I should be aware of?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this issue too and i am not sure what is going on with it at all. I seems to keep saying that, and then when i give in, i add every reference which refers to crystalReports and then i have a Utilities error.

I am going to watch this thread so i can see what goes on, and similarly if i can figure out anything i will let you know.

--Fallenreaper

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure there is no CR 10.5 (bundled with .NET 2008) on these machines. Check the GAC for CR assemblies of version 10.5.3700.0.

- Ludek