cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Inspection Lot Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I need to know how to set an inspection lot for deletion so it can be archived. Our problem is we are trying to turn off batch management for a material and SAP will not let us archive the batch that is used in the inspection lots. When trying to archive we get error W4123 MCHA: 34002688A 452A 0719269501 Material is used in inspection lots and M406 MCH1: 34002688A 0719269501 dependent batch records exist. Is there a way to set a deletion flag for a completed inspection lot with batches?

I know there are some settings with transaction BS32 but I don't know which one I should set to allow the inspection lot to be marked as deleted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless you are doing a comprehensive archiving project I would highly recommend you create a new material rather than trying to archive and change the current material.

Archiving everything you need to in order to change the batch management indicator is not cost/time effective.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke,

I have used the QM_Control and get the lots flagged and blocked for archive but the post prosessing still does not work. This plant uses the quality level control so I deleted these before trying to archive but it still did not work.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to change that batch management flag, you will also have to archive all the purchase or production orders that use any batches of that material, even if there is no inventory of the batches. I.e. All the documents that generated inspection lots. Then you have archive all the batches and inspection lots.

Again, unless you are setting up a regular archiving process, it can be very difficult to archive everything you need to in order to change the batch management flag.

It does sound like if you got to the post-processing program you've had some success already. Have you checked the configuration parameters used by the post-processing program in config? This is discussed in the help file mentioned above.

FF