cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 to EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know if there is any way to do such update without Solution Manager? I've already downloaded EHP2 for NetWeaver Upgrade files for windows/oracle from marketplace. When I was looking for EHP2 installer on marketplace I've found only installers for EHP1. Is there any guide describing how to install these updates? My SPS level is 003. NetWeaver is being used by CRM ABAP 7.0 SPS level 003 and ECC 6.0 SPS level 014.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> does anybody know if there is any way to do such update without Solution Manager?

No, you need an XML file.

> I've already downloaded EHP2 for NetWeaver Upgrade files for windows/oracle from marketplace. When I was looking for EHP2 installer on marketplace I've found only installers for EHP1.

> Is there any guide describing how to install these updates?

Did you check the upgrade guides? http://service.sap.com/instguides

> My SPS level is 003. NetWeaver is being used by CRM ABAP 7.0 SPS level 003 and ECC 6.0 SPS level 014.

You can't just upgrade "the netweaver part" of applications like CRM and ERP.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I use:

Installation Guide

SAP Enhancement Package Installation

Using SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi) 7.00

Regarding to this guide I downloaded SAP EHP installer (in version 7.10) and now I don't know which files from marketplace should I download. I can choose between:

SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0:

- Installation

- Upgrade

In my guide they wrote:

"When you download the enhancement package, either directly from SAP Service Marketplace or by using the Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager, the required Support Package stacks are automatically calculated and downloaded."

but they didn't wrote which files to download.. Upgrade or installation? I though upgrade is only for NW version below 7.0, but now I'm confused..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/patches

--> Browse our Download Catalog

--> Additional components

--> Upgrade Tools

--> SAP EHP INSTALLER

--> SAP EHP INSTALLER 7.00

Without Solution Manager you won't be able to install EHP2.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is I wrote I've already got EHP installer. So I don't have to download anything more? Installer will do it?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - the installer will do it but not the 7.10 one (this is for updating 7.10 based system (such as PI 7.1)).

You'll then need SolMan to generate a valid tested queue with those components you select during a MOPZ task. This queue is then validated in the SAP backend systems and eventually you get the XML file for the SAPehpi.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, our EP is updated until level EHP1 SP06, how could we update to EHP2?, I say this because when you are searching for support package stack downloads, you get a screen which you have two options

1.- Start SP Stack

2.- Target SP Stack

But I can't choose directly from our current level (ehp1 sp06) until target (eph2 sp06)

In sap ehp1 screen I can choose from ehp1 sp06 only until ehp1 sp08 (the highest level of ehp1) but I can't see and choose an upper version like ehp2, but if I link to sap ehp2 screen, the lowest level is ehp2 ISS, I can't go lower until my ehp1 sp06.

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

In this step, you select the start SP Stack, which is the SP Stack currently installed on your system and the target SP Stack that you want to download and deploy. If you do not know which SP Stack is currently in use, select the Initial Shipment Stack (ISS) as your start SP Stack. You can display detailed information about the content of an SP Stack by clicking "Show SP Stack Content".

You can restrict the stack download according to your usage of the Product Version.

Start SP Stack : SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - SPS 06

Target SP Stack: SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - SPS 08

SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

Start SP Stack: SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - ISS Initial Shipment Stack

Target SP Stack: SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 - SPS 06

How Can I jump from ehp1 to ehp2?

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi, our EP is updated until level EHP1 SP06, how could we update to EHP2?, I say this because when you are searching for support package stack downloads, you get a screen which you have two options

As said before: It's not possible to just download components and do the upgrades. You have to use Solution Manager to put the necessary components into your download basket, generate the corresponding XML file and then use SAPehpi to install/upgrade.

It's not possible to just download "some" software from the SMP and upgrade your system. You won't be able to download the packets because they are put in your download basket only and you have to approve them in the Solution Manager.

I suggest you start reading the EHP2 upgrade guide:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP NetWeaver

--> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s)

--> Maintenance

-- Update EHP (on the very bottom)

Read

How To Install EHP2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

and

Enhancement Package Installation on Existing SAP Systems

Don't expect an EHP installation/upgrade to be "download software, click XYZ.EXE and you're done", it's more than that

Markus