cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver ignores changes in source code (Hot Code Replacement /Deployment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm using the SAP ME SDK (2.0.1.8.4) to develop custom web services. One major drawback is that deplyoying to my local Netweaver instance takes up to half an hour. So of course I try avoiding deploying too often. According to the Netweaver user guide I only have to (re)deploy if any of these situations occure:

First time the <vendorID>-webservice.war has been created.

Every time a WAR descriptor (web.xml and web-j2ee-engine.xml) has been modified.

Every time a web service interface has been modified.

Ever since I updated to Netweaver version 7.11.4. I have to redeploy for even the slightest changes in classes that aren't related in any way to web service interfaces. Netweaver won't recognize any source code changes as it did before simply by restarting me.ear. Having to redeploy for the tiniest changes makes sdk development a very frustrating time-consuming experience.

Has anyone any hints on solving this issue?

Edited by: Juliane Gambke on Jan 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you made changes only in the web service class(es) and didn't touch the interface (wsdl, annotations, input/output parameters), you can run build.webservice target and then restart me~ear application in NW.

You can restart the application from NWA or from Deployment perspective of Eclipse (Repository View).

Note that recently the name of SAP ME component was changed from ME to VISIPRISEMFG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan!

Thanks for your suggestion. It's exactly what I'm doing - to no avail. After running ant target "build.webservice" and restarting the application I try to debug into the new source code but the debugger still has the old code. When running the new version without debugging the output also suggests that the server has completely ignored the changes made. I'm getting quite desperate....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juliane,

Please check the property j2ee.instance.dir in the file Build Resources/script/custom.properties. This property should point to the folder where SAP NW is installed, for example C:/usr/sap/CE1/J00. Make sure that the path is correct and the folder exists.

BTW what ME version are you using?

Thanks

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan - you just made my day!!!

For some reason that property really did point to the wrong instance. Now we have to find out just what led to the changes in the property-file. But for now I'm really really glad it's working again.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are very welcome. Let us know what led to the issue.

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ivan!

It turned out we had an issues with out document management system that kept insisting an outdated revision of the property-file is the current revision without me noticing. While synchronizing my local documents my working property-file got overwritten. Tough luck

Answers (0)