cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment pick up problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User has created a consignment pick up order for the customer with two line items. One has 21 order qty and other 8 qty. For both materials, I checked in MMBE and stock is there for the customer.

Now, delivery was created for this order. But only with 10 and 7 qty respectively.

And then, number of deliveries are created with 0 qty.

Cant see the reason why.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consignment pick up order should have been created in reference to preceding document F8 delivery related proforma.

Have you created in reference to this ??

Also please go through the consignment process in this forum where many times, configuration and other related issues were discussed. This will help you to some extent.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

User hasnt created this with reference to any document.

May be it has to do something with the problem.

Thanks for the response.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
User hasnt created this with reference to any document

It is always better that any return document (whether be it a normal return order or pick up order), if you refer the preceding document, almost these sort of issues would be eradicated. So insist users to refer the delivery related proforma when they create a consignment pick up order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

Do you think only because of this reason delivery qty is picking zero? And multiple deliveries (100+) are generated in the system in delivery due list scheduled job. All with zero qty. I tried to create a delivery manually and it says 0 qty is available for article.

When I can see stock in MMBE for the article. Consignment stock.

I hope consignment stock only is picked in consignment pick up order in general.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do you think only because of this reason delivery qty is picking zero?

Not sure but this could also be the root cause of the issue and that is why, I had asked you to go through the standard configuration settings and compare the same with your settings. For example, in consignment pick up order, what schedule line category is flowing ?? I think it should have been F0 or F1 with the movement type 632 assigned to this in VOV6.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Please go through the Consignment Sales Process in SAP. As per your query the pickup process needs the reference document.

The consignment process in SAP standard consist of four small processes:

Consignment fillup (send materials to customer consignment).

Here you have a consignment fillup order and a consignment fillup delivery.

Consignment issue (issue materials from customer consignment to the customer).

Here you have a consignment issue order, consignment issue delivery and a consignment issue invoice. (the flow is very similar to a normal OR flow, but the materials are issued from the consignment stock instead of plant stock unrestricted).

Consignment return (return materials from customer ownership to customer consignment).

Here you have a consignment return order, consignment return delivery and a consignment return invoice. (the flow is very similar to a normal RE flow, but the materials are returned to the consignment stock instead of plant stock returns).

Consignment pickup (pickup consignment stock and move it to plant stock).

Here you have a consignment pickup order and a consignment pickup delivery.

Note that in consignment fillup and consignment pickup there are no invoices since there is no change of ownership for the materials.

How to perform a consignment order?

In consignment orders you are allowing the stock to sit in your customer location. Once he informs that he used the stock you will invoice him. If he returns the stock you will accept the stock to take it back.

It is defined in 4 steps.

1. Consignment fill up:

Sales document type is KB

Item category KBN

shedule line category E1

In this step, you are not invoicing the customer. document flow is sales order -

delivery item category. It will not be relevent for billing and pricing because you are not charging money for these goods in this step.

In schedule line category, you will set movement type 631 & set for availability check and TOR.

2. Consignment Issue.

Once the customer informed you that he used all the goods or partial goods then you will create consignment issue for used goods.

Sales document: KE

Item category: KEN

shedule line category: C0 or C1

Here you are invoicing the customer(because he used the goods). you are assigning the delivery documnt and billing document to the sales document.

In item category, you are setting relevent for billing, pricing, special stock.

In schedule line category, your setting is 633 movement type, relevent for availability check & TOR.

3. Consignment Return:

Customer found that some goods are damaged or he not able to sold the goods he want to send it back. that you are creating this document.

Sales document type: KR

Item category: KRN

Shedule line category: D0

You will assign delivery document and billing to sales document. you will create return order, return delivery, return billing.

Your setting item category relevent for billing, returns, pricing, special stock.

Your setting schedule line item category: 634 movement type, NO availability NO TOR.

4. Consignment Pick up:

Even if you create the consignment return the goods are not come to direct to your plant. For that you need to create consignment pick up. here the owner ship is not changing so you do not need to create billing.

Assign retrun delivery to sales document type.

Sales document: KA

Item category: KAN

schedule line category: F0 & F1

Your setting item category relevent for returns. any shedule line category relevent for 632 movement type, MRP, availability check, delivery.

Now you check your plant stock. Stock will increase.

Plaese let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and Regards,

Satheesh Durgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No delivery is processed and PGId.

I am not well versed with consignment process.

So, please pinpoint if I am missing something.