cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process check-in/check-out - who has checked out and when?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using the business process check-in/check-out functionality for 18 months and there are an increasing number of process's that have been checked out to the maintenance project and never checked in again. Is there a straight forward way in the system to see who had checked out a business process and when? When using the SOLMAN_DIRECTORY transaction it is easy to see which process's are checked out as they are marked the red OUT symbol and have check-out status = checked out - but no other information about the check-out seems to be available either in this transaction or on a separate report.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check-out/check-in information is stored in the following tables:

SADIR_CH_OUT_OBJ (stores data bout the requester, approver, time stamps,...),

SADIR_CH_OUT_SUB, SADIR_CH_OUT_REV

Unfortunately there is no standard reporting provided for this data, but you can create your own reports based on this data.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael - thx for the reply - this solves my problem. I can use SE11 enter the scenario/business process name in the selection screen and get the information I am looking for. Not elegant but effective.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can view the information through the history tab as Paul stated,

if not please check any of the note below applicable for you

Note 1365936 - Incorrect history in Solution Directory for interfaces

1331635 - History function in the Solution Directory incorrect

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi - thx. I will enable the history as suggested, and tested in our development system but it doesn't seem to solve the problem and as Michael's browse the table suggestion solves the problem I wont use time looking into the notes.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

What Peter neglected to tell you is once you enable history on the Solution a history log will begin to populate.

It will show as the standard "Log" icon for HISTORY. Every change will be logged at each level of the structure.

Here is an example of a History log line....while it is not a check-in.out change it will give you an idea

Name Date Time Change Object Old Value New Value

I809573 24.01.2011 22:33:32 Process Availability Material Management 7 x 24 h

What you can do is filter the report on the values that will give you the check-in/check out against the objects you want to track.

This is how you can use the "Enable History" to get the information you are interested it.

Just two things to be aware of : 1) The history will not be retro active (unless it was already enabled), so it will start from the day you enable logging (history), and logs take up space, which at some point maintenance will likely be required, however I don't see these logs having high disk usuage.

If it were documents that you wanted a report on check-in/check-out for, you likely could use the transaction Solar_Eval under Documents, but there are no standard reports for this...and filtering the History log file accordingly is about the best reporting

that would give a result. This log file can be printed, or you could capture the printoutput to a file and there is your Electronic version of the report.

I hope this has helped.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter & Paul, thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the problem is still not solved. I set the enable history flag and can see the entries in the log for changes made in the business process structure - but the check-in/check-out does not seem to be logged only the changes.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Run SOLMAN_DIRECTORY and choose solution in charge.

Next at Solution Setting (change mode) go down and check if "enable history" is marked.

Then create new maintanance project.

Hope it helps.

Peter