cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum component usage count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SAP ME 5.2, I tried out with bellow scenarios to check max component usage count

1) I created one kit material with max component usage count as 1, during parent assembly with thsi kit material as one of the BOM assemble component i am able to assemble the kit component for more than one SFC.

2) For component 'xyz' i defined max component usage count as 1 through material maintenance, here also i am able to assemble the component for more than one SFC.

Note: In BOM also for these two component, i defined the max component usage count as 1 only..

In system rule maintenance also i have given 1 for the max component usage count field....

How to check this max component usage copunt...Any additional configuration needed for this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Component usage count is validated during inventory consumption. It is important to understand that when you use material maintenance you do not create components, rather you define component types. Actual components are inventory records either produced by the plant (SFCs) or purchased.

So if you have your component in inventory and it has max usage defined, this validation will be triggered during assembly if you collect inventory ID during assembly (define proper data type to collect on assembly).

Answers (0)