cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipments assigned to a project and tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want to assign some 10-15 equipments to a project. I can assign 1 equipement at a time in Assignment Tab and functioncal location to it.

If I want to assign 10-15 equipemnts then I have to create 10-15 WBS ??

Also if these equipemts are transfered to some other projct then tracking is possible through PS or Functioncal Location is only available option.

Also please tell me std report in which I come to know how many equpemnts are assign to which project.

Regards

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Guru,

Thnx for d reply.

Is that the only way ? No need to go for PRT ??

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about this as i ahve not tried this. However, i would suggest you to go through the topic for PRT's in SAP help. You will get some idea on the scope of use of PRT's

Revert with your findings.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Are you not looking for creating Work Centers?

2. Mere assignment is enough or you want to post actual cost also?

3. Are these Equipment already created as Individual assets in your FI module?

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thnk u very much for reply.

My FI consualtant is doing settings now.

But we can assign WBS elemtn at a time and depriciation is done on monthly basis. What when we move that equipment to some other project ? Again we have to change in AS01 or is their any alternative.

Thanks and Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the allocation process of Asset itself is "Time Dependent", you have the validity period. You can assign it to the next cost object like another WBSE / any other.... for the new time period.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

These are assets in my FI module.

I want to know Is it possible to trasnfer depreciation cost to project.

means suppose depreciation cost is 12000 Rs per year means 1000 Rs per month. If this equipment is used for 8 months then 8000 Rs can be trasfered to project ???

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible.

The Asset Master data contains "Time Dependent Allocation of Asset" to various cost objects... feature.

Your FI Consultant can activate WBSE as the "Time Dependent Value Receiver" for the assets.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U can't assign equipmets to a project to my knoledge, you can keep functional location to a WBS level & assign seveal equipmets to that functional location, monitor thos equipments using functinalities availabe on PM

If you are in investement kind of project, you can procure materials to ptoject & assetize it. then the project involemnt is up to that level only. Now you have Assets also you can create Equipments for those assets depending on the requiremnts of traking those assets as equipments & attached to Functional locations that can be maintained on WBS as well.

hope this would help you..

Reg,

Sam L.