cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO confirmation error - item category not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a HU/WM setup in our warehouse. While i try to confirm the TO i am getting an error 'item category not defined'?

I am able to confirm the TO's for other orders, this is happenning for a specific group of orders which have a different item category in delivery.

Any hints when this error will appear?

Is there any config where we assign the delivery item category with the warehose or any other setting?

Thanks,

Harish

Edited by: Harish RJ on Jan 24, 2011 7:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Can u share the message no of the error u r facing.....As far as I know we do not maintain any links with item category and warehouse.

and if there would be any option for that then you must have got the error during TO creation itself as that is the point where system finds the quant & which is responsible for the characterisitcs of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message number is VL324.

This error message is poping up when we confirm the TO using LT12

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message no starts with VL it means it has nothing to do with WM rahter with LE module or to be more precise with Outbound delivery.

Do u have batch managed material in this TO.

Please check the table T184L to see if the item category group mentioned in the materials is there or not ...........

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest have a look at OSS note 1464539 - your settings in table T184L might be wrong.

Is it possible that the batch is determined via WM, during picking? If different batches have been determined for one item, it will cause batch split in your delivery - if settings in T184L are wrong, system cannot cope with it and may throw error message VL324.

(sorry for duplicate, I was slow a little bit and "Sap: IN" said the same in the meanwhile)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 24, 2011 8:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind Csaba ....I have learnt a lot from your replies and I still refer to the thread raised by me and answerd by you ....

Thanks & regards

Rahul Tyagi

Answers (0)