cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - disable password notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we know, CUP will send notification of userid/password of each system after provisioning done. Can we disable this function?

Our scenario is:

1. we need to provision user id to EP and CRM at the same time.

2. user only allow to login EP

3. after user login EP, SSO ticket will be assigned to user to let user access CRM back-end applications

So, we don't want to send the password of CRM back-end system to new users. Can we achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem.

But in GRC 5.3 it's impossible to disable this email, it's impossible to change the content of this email too.

But I'm trying to change the content by the initial data files...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at the following OSS Note:

[Note 1253720 - Compliant User Provisioning 5.3-Supressing Password Email|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1253720]

I have done this at most of my clients.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh Parmar,

Thanks for your help.

May I check with you, whether we can modify the content of password email, instead of supressing it?

We intend to add one more sentence in the email, such as " for CRM user, please ignore this password"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

you should also be able to modify your email message based ont his note. Make sure to backup your init file befofre making any changes.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! We can disable or modify the password email, following the SAP note above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want the password to be sent at all for any system, just uncheck below setting-

CUP-Configuration-Workflow-Email Reminder- Tab Closing - Send password in mail - NO

If you want to send notification that User ID is created ,that can be achieved by setting Notification Configuration check to

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same situation where we wanted the password for some systems, and not for others. We ended up indicating in the Approved request notice to the user that in case A they should ignore the provisioned password, and in case B, they want it. A very awkward solution.