cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIC0 - asks for user name and password on CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am a BASIS gui am facing a peculiar problem with our production CRM system. It is a CRM 5.0 system and we have no java stack . The customer service users have reported on a daily basis when they are logged into CRM system and working with CIC0 transaction for several hours, suddenly a pop up comes up stating

"The server <CRM server server name> is requesting that a user name and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection) "

This is happening when a user logged on the CRM system itself. There is no java stack on this system, pure ABAP system. When this popup comes up, the user then puts his/her user name and password and hits ok and is able to continue with work only to be interrupted the next day in the middle of work. So they are able to login , keep doing their for hours and suddenly are asked to revalidate their user name and password.

1. If the user is logged in for several hours and is working fine, what happens suddenly that the user name, password is forgotten and requires to be re-inputted?

2. Is this related to the browser? But the users only work on CIC0 abap system, they do not open a browser , and this is not via portal or a web-ic link...this is all pure abap login via a sapgui.

3. I have copied the same user and am testing to see if the pop up pops up on me...but so far this pop up is not comming up for me....can this be related to user's local desktop windows or browser settingis there any password cache setting ..if so does it mean every time user tries CIC0, a cached password is sent to the server ......I am confounded ...where is the issue, what settings is this related to...

Thanks for any help...

regards, Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Apparently CIC0 makes use of WAS which requires separate authentication. This can possibly explain this issue. Just check if you have maintained the local SSL certificate. Also ensure SSO is also in place. Check STRUSTSSO2 for this.

Regards.

Ruchit.