Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Correction

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

1. We have a requirement in Solution Manager Normal Correction Process. As we know, the normal correction process will be used to move the transports in bulk. For example, in given normal correction I have 10 transport requests which are ready to move to production. The background job will be running at 10.00 PM every day and the transport will be moved to production. But due to business reasons, I would like to move some transports ahead of scheduled time. Is it possible to segregate the transport requests in given normal correction and those transports will be moved ahead of scheduled time?

2. In normal correction, i have 10 transport requests all are ready to import to PRD.The first two transport requests are imported successfully. While importing the third transport, it got failed. Will the system leave the third transport and will it try to continue with fourht transport and so on or only after transporting the third transport only it will try to continue with fourth transport?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You asked two questions, perhaps you need to review the rules of engagement again?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

Following these guidelines will make it easier to get a clear answer to each question.

Regards,

Paul

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team,

I will make my questions simple.

1. Normal correction contains 10 transports. Is it possible to segregate the two transports out of 10 transport requests?

2. In normal correction, while importing the transports to production, if any one of the transport request in the queue fails, will the system proceed with other transport request which is in queue?

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding your question #1, dont you think it would make more sense using UCs instead of Normal Correctios?

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Federico

Yes. it is possible through UC. But is it possible to segregate the transports within the NC?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to create a new UC and new transport and merge the two out of the NC to a UC and move the two a head of the other 8 transports, Then you can manage the UC separately.