cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice more than GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

i have one purchase order it has one item that quantity is 9 pc and i did GR 9 pc is it possible do miro more than 9 pc?

best regrads

R.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

GR based invoice verification and posting Invoice quantity more than GR quantity are different.

If you want to restrict post Invoice quantity more than GRN quantity, you can restrict this by setting tolerances as found in reply reference threads.

*GR based invoice verification is something to facilitate to enter Invoices reference to PO items created. Plese find the below information:*

*Specifies that provision has been made for goods-receipt-based invoice verification for a purchase order or invoice item.*

*Goods-receipt-based invoice verification is a procedure that allows the establishment of clear links between deliveries and invoices involving a certain PO item.*

*If GR-based invoice verification has been defined for a PO item, an invoice relating to this item can be entered with reference to a GR document or to a delivery note number entered at the time of goods receipt. In the process, a separate invoice item is created for each goods receipt, at the level of which checks of correctness are carried out.

In every order item, the buyer can decide whether to activate goods-receipt-based invoice verification. If goods receipt-based invoice verification is active for a particular order item, each invoice item can then be matched up uniquely with the goods receipt item. It makes sense to work with goods-receipt-based invoice verification when you expect a delivery to be made and posted in several parts.

Working with or without goods-receipt-based invoice verification affects invoice allocation as follows:

Purchase order allocation

Order items with goods-receipt-based invoice verification

An item is created on the item list for every goods receipt for the order item; the same order item therefore appears more than once if more than one goods receipt has been posted.

Order items without goods-receipt-based invoice verification

One item is created on the item list for the order item; if more than one goods receipt was posted, the system suggests the total quantity in the one item.

Delivery note allocation

Order items with goods-receipt-based invoice verification

A line is created on the item list with the order item to which the delivery note belongs and the information on the delivery note.

Order items without goods-receipt-based invoice verification

The system searches for the purchase order for the delivery note and allocates the invoice to it. The item list only consists of one line with the order item to which the delivery note belongs; if more than one goods receipt was posted, the system suggests the total quantity in the one item.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Of course, the purpose of "GR-based IV" functionality is not restricting IR above the received quantity. However, one of its side effects is that it is impossible to post invoices for qty exceeded the received qty - unless the corresponding message is set to be a warning in IMG (I think it is an error message in standard).

This is what I meant when I wrote "it might be a problem registering an invoice for the higher quantity". I have never meant that "GR based invoice verification and posting Invoice quantity more than GR quantity are" the same thing.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rafael Zaragatzky

i'm confused

let me ask question again: is it possible to post invoice for qty exceeded the recieved qty with purpose of GR-based IV?

best regards

R.T

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, R.T, it is the other way around! The GR-based IV can be an obstacle for posting invoices exceeding the GR quantity. If you want to post such invoices, you'd better make sure you don't have the flag for GR-based IV in your PO.

BR

Raf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it would depend upon the tolerance set in the system for DQ .

Check you tolerance limits set for invoice verification in IMG .

Regards ,

Dewang T

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the flag "GR-based IV" set in the PO (tab "Invoice"), it might be a problem registering an invoice for the higher quantity - depends on your settings.

If you don't have this flag set, you will definitely be able to register the invoice, but it might be blocked for payment if the difference exceeds allowed tolerances.

BR

Raf