cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP always confirms my orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm learning SCM ATP. I've created very simple example - 1 planned order (material m1 is prodused) with consumption of 1 raw materail (m4). Stock level for m4 is zero. I've runed heuristics and purchare requisition was created.

In /sapapo/rrp3 for material m1 I manually run ATP for my planned order and my order gets status "Checked and fully Confirmed", which is ok.

Then I reduce the quantity in my purchase requisition and\or putting it delivery cople days later. And performing ATP once again in the same way. I expect that the order should not be confirmed.

But it get's same status - "Checked and fully Confirmed" which looks quite strange. Why that can happen?

I'm using all default customizings for CH ATP group and PP business event (by the way, how can I understand which business event is used when I perfomr ATP on planned order?).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've proceed with some testings: included fixed pegging relationships into account.

My test case now consists with two dependened requirements and two fixed purchase requisitions which are manually pegged.

All PurRec are ealier than DepRec. If the quantity fits, then ATP is ok. Once I start to update quantities, that on certain step strange things start happening. For example - initial PurRec Qty = DepReq = 10.000. I'm reducing PuRec to 9500. Updating ATP. Now confirmed qty is 9500. I'm updating PurRec once again to 9200, and performing ATP again - but confirmed qty is still 9500!

how that can be?

Then I put PurRec = 10000 - all is ok.

Then PurRec = 9100, cut confirmed Qty is still 9500 - like this number is stored somewere!

In Check Mode Instruction I set "Type of PAC" = "Fixed, then time series".

Why that can happen?

Edited by: kleva82 on Jan 23, 2011 6:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. Check mode was missed in location product.