cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with table section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm working on an interactive form, in the SFP transaction.

I need to create a table that has got 2 lines for each entry, with the ability to display and hide the second row.

I understand the the best solution for this is using table section, but I didn't fully understand how to use it.

The section has to return for each of the table entries.

Should the section contain both rows, or only the second one?

I've placed both rows in the section.

And when trying to do the data binding, it had some strange results; in one case, all of the first row appearances were one after another, and only then the second rows.

In another case, all the first rows appeared one after another, and then only one of the second row.

Why is there no data binding for the entire section? How can I make the section duplicate itself according to the context binding?

Or is using table sections is not the best solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Udi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

As per my opinion, build the context node with nested structure according to your requirement (node inside node). Then just drag and drop the structure from the 'data view' of Adobe Lifecycle Designer into the layout. The system will do the binding automatically for you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Eventually I created a table that contains a table in it's row, when the second table has 2 fixed rows that repeat for each row in the bound table.

I still don't really understand how to use table sections, hopefully I won't have to use them anytime soon.

Thanks again and best regards,

Arik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Well what i could understand here is..

U have a table type with n colums.

You need to display each roe/instance record in 2 rows.

The best approach for this is using subforms than the table.

Have a subform of westerntext flowed type, arrange the fields in required 2 rows format.

Aand just do the data binding, it works perfect and this is the best approach for your requirement.

Let me know if my understanding of your query is wrong else if you find any issues implementing the same.

Cheers,

Sai