cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter the value for work in unit of time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a peculiar issue with regard to work in the project builder. I have a scenario like there are different departments viz CIVIL,MECH etc. Different types activities are carried out at each department. For example, CIVIL has different activities like excavation, Reinforcement, shuttering etc. These activities have different unit of measures like m3 and m2.

I have created one work center CIVIL and activities as different activity types. I am using this work center for scheduling and cost planning.

In work center, I have defined as below

Capactites tab: capacity category 008, no formula to calculate capacity, base unit of measure is DAY

Scheduling tab: capacity category 008, other formula SAP004. No other selection

Costing: Cost center , activity type and formula SAP008

When I am creating new activity, I am giving details like work center, work (m3), duration and activity type. Now I could able to schedule and save the project. I checked the reports, the planned cost is also correct.

But when I am trying to change the planned work in the project by different quantity(not changing the unit of measure), getting error as u201CEnter the value for work in unit of timeu201D

Is this the standard behaviour or am I missing some thing

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a standard system.

If the UOM is different from one activity to another or in the activity, various activity element.

When u r confirming also, u wont get a progress as expected.

Regards,

N.Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs

But why the system is not giving any error when I am adding/saving first time. It throws error when I am trying to change the original quantity of work.

Is there any way we can handle this?

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any suggestions/solution for this please

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

A suggestion-please check the values in the Scheduling Tab of Work Center once again-Work Dimension and Work Unit should be empty.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion

I have already maintained no data for the fields Work Dimension and Work Unit in the Scheduling Tab of Work Center

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard.

You need to remove "SAP004" formula in Scheduling tab (since scheduling process needs UOM to be a time unit)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried the way you have suggested but it still throws an error while changing the quantity in work field.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please provide the Error Message No.?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message no. /MRSS/RAP059

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Having "SAP004" removed from WC master, try setting the Calculation Key to "Maintain Manually" & try to save the Project.

If the error repeats, then check for a new activity (as the already existing activity might not be sensing the changes)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried by selecting the calculation key as "Maintain manually" for new activities, but the error still occurs

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarasimha

Try to maintain Other formula - SAP008 in Capacity tab. currently you are not maintaining. Hope this will work.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able to work with the same scenario.

Pls check the following points.

1. Work Center Cat / Usage : 0006 / 003

2. WC Capacity Tab - either 001 or 002 & formula "SAP008"

3. Capacity Header Details

Here try to maintain the Unit Conversions..... a) go to Extras -- UOM. b) enter the relation between your time unit & work units. c) then select UOM of your capacity (screen area right to Operating time field) as the work unit & press enter. System should display the relevant units of your work UOM in relation to the operating time. d) go back.

4. WC Scheduling Tab - For the same Capacity Category , a) dont enter any formula in Execution time (Other formula). b) Maintain Work Dimension as "MASS" from your F4 option & Maintain the Work Unit.

5. Save the workcenter.

6. Now try to create new activities / Network.

7. Set Calc Key to "Maintain Manually"

8. Enter Normal Duration & Work manually.

9. Save the network. Re Open & try to change either of the above values & save the network.

Hopefully this should ensure that the error doesnot come.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation

I have few doubts in step 3. We have work units as M3,MT and M2. Initially I have tried with M3. We dont have specific logic to convert work unit into time unit. But I gave relation as below

1000M3= 1DAY

I am maintaining my base unit of measure as DAY.

In Scheduling tab, I have maintained capacity category as 1(same as in capacity tab), But when I am trying to maintain work dimension as MASS and work unit as M3, system throws below error message

Unit M3 does not have dimension MASS

Message no. CR057

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Scheduling tab, I have maintained work dimension has VOLUME and unit M3 then I didn't get the error.

But still I could not able to change the quantity of work in activity

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use dimension "VOLUME" for M3 UOM.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have changed that but still not allowing me to change the quantity

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

are you checking in already created network / activity OR creating a new activity / network to check ??

If you ensure that "SAP004" is not entered in Scheduling Tab of WC, the scenario should work.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also maintain

1. your operating time unit in "HR" instead of "DAY" in Capacity Header tab.

2. In Extras -- UOM, maintain XX Hours = XX M3 (example 1 Hour = 10 M3)

2. Ensure that "M3" is entered in KAPEH field (field next to operating time in Standard Available Capacity subset of Capacity Header details screen.

3. System should then display the relevant M3 (for example if your operating time is 08 hours then automatically system should display 80 M3 against that.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking for a new activity/network and also not maintaining formula SAP004 in Scheduling tab.

I am doing as below

WC masterdata:

Basic data tab: work center category 006 and usage 003

capacities: capacity category 001 and other formula SAP008

in capacity detailed tab: Base unit of measure DAY

in start availability capapcity: operating time 24, capacity 1000M3

in Unit of conversion 1000M3 = 1 DAY

in scheduling tab:capcity category as 001,

work dimension as VOLUME and work unit as M3

In Project:

I am assigning the above work center to an activity and in work field 1000M3 and calculation key as "Maintain manully" and saving the project. then when I re open the project and change the quantity from 1000 to other value, it is not allowing me to change.

Please let me know if I have missed out any step

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok.

Though not relevant, just to check, try the following.

Maintain an activity type with UOM "M3" .

Maintain KP26 & make the activity type assigned in the costing tab of WC in "ActType Int Proc." field & maintain "SAP008" against that.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per you suggestion, I have changed the Base unit of measure to HR

then maintainted the conversion relation 1000M3=24Hrs and "M3" is entered in KAPEH field.

I can see capacity as 1000M3(individual capapcity is 1).

Then tried the same in new activity/network but the error still occurs

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK.

In the Capacity HDR tab, there is a checkbox "Relevant to Finite Scheduling".

Dont activate that.

In the Capacity Tab, try to display formula "SAP008". Check whether it is allowed for scheduling (check box "Allowed Sched."). By default it should be checked as I guess. Maintain "ZSAP008" & remove "Allowed for scheduling" checkbox.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deactivated "Relavant to Finite Scheduling" in capacity header tab and also checked formula SAP008, by default "Allowed for scheduling" is inactive.

But system still throws error

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think the error arise due to PS issue. i tried to search for the notes for your error message I got only this Note 1084040 - Incorrect error message when changing value for work. This note doesnt solve your problem, but it hints you that error message /MRSS/RAP059 belongs to software component MRSS. May be this component is integrated to your PS system(just my assumption) or could be a system bug which triggers this error message. so, the best way is raise an OSS message.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think the error arise due to PS issue. i tried to search for the notes for your error message I got only this Note 1084040 - Incorrect error message when changing value for work. This note doesnt solve your problem, but it hints you that error message /MRSS/RAP059 belongs to software component MRSS. May be this component is integrated to your PS system(just my assumption) or could be a system bug which triggers this error message. so, the best way is raise an OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I got this error message initially.

I could succesfully solve it by proceeding as mentioned in my previous threads.

Of course, the point of MRSS can be considered to look at.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

krisap,

this kind of error is possible in PS also, But i dont think the error message number will be /MRSS/RAP059. Have you checked the message number when you had this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

Yes.

The same message number was observed earlier by me.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the same error message

Message no. /MRSS/RAP059

Regards,

Laxminarsimha