cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEM TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts can any body explain following

In item category there are fields under BOM. could you pls explain what is the meaning

1.Manual alternative

2. Parameter effectiveness

While creating BOM we check create dly group in TAP but not in TAQ, and in TAN we check parameter effectiveness, and why do we check Credit active field for TAP and TAE any these item categories are for free items why should we check credit for freet goods or dependant materials. i didnt understood logic. can any body explain.

Regards

kRISHE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Manual alternatives is used in BOM configuration, when the BOM proposed by the system can eb overwritten by soem other BOM. In this case, the checkbox should be switched on. There should also be alternative BOM maintenance for the main BOM for the material.Only then, teh functionality becomes fully active.

2. Parameter effectivity is a way of making somethign valid based on what is called parameters in SAP. You can define any field, or any value as a parameter and you can define that some transaction is valid only if the parameter value in that transaction is available. Unfortunately, I dont have any live example for this case where I have worked on. May be if you do some google search, you should be able to dig more into this.