cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Int Server (ABAP Cache) - Cache Updated column shows "red"

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

...long read, appreciate your patience...

In the IB:Config, under Cache Notifications, I'm getting the red square in the Cache Updated column for all "ABAP Cache" entries (green for notification). The "Java Cache" and "Central Adapter Engine" entries are green all the way through.

I've read a bunch of other threads here, and I've read and worked through the entire "How to Handle Caches" document. I ran in to a couple issues, but I don't know how to solve them.....

1) When I run SXI_CACHE, I receive the following messages:

<green> "Cache contents are up to date"

<red> "Error during last attempt to refresh cache"

--->double-clicking shows: Error ID = BUSINESS_SYSTEM, Message = LCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM - NO_BUSINESS_SYSTEM

--->Running the LCR... fxn via SE37 is successful, so I don't understand why SXI_CACHE has a problem running it.

2) When I run the Cache Connectivity Test where the Yellow triangle is displayed for the IS-ABAP with message "Attempt to fetch cache data from Integration Directory not yet started or still in progress".

3) When I try to load http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=delta or full, I get a "403 Forbidden - You are not authorized to view the requested resource." But I'm never prompted for a user/pw? Since I'm the only user in this XI box, I do have some of my logons saved in Internet Explorer - could it be using one of those without prompting me?

Note:

I have been experiencing on and off network issues, and the machine we have XI installed on is slow. I don't know if that could affect anything or not.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

Brian

Message was edited by: Brian Vanderwiel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Check this doc out..

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/sxicache--ripped-off

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Problem with ABAP cache refresh could be solved by a full CPA cache refresh and then by repeated cache update from IB.

thanks

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Update:

My basis guys seem to have resolved the main issue of the ABAP cache being stuck "red".

I had changed the SICF service /sap/xi/ENGINE (to add user/pw) and saved the change to a transport. The fact that the transport was not released was "locking" the ABAP cache - seems a little crazy to me, but it's now working fine, so....

Also, the SXI_CACHE issue seems to have gone away too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

did you already succeed with this issue, while we have the same situation now?

Thanks for you help,

Milan

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Milan,

Nope. Unfortunately, my basis team has had the Java side of XI down for the last week, so I haven't been able to try anything new to solve the issue. I'm hoping to get back in tomorrow or next week at the latest.

Brian

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies...

Prashanth,

I think SXI_CACHE is for items in the Java stack only (correct me if I'm wrong). The main problem I have is with items in the ABAP stack not making it in to the cache.

Moorthy,

I walked through the Readiness Check - everything passed except for the items I already mentioned (Cache test shows yellow). The document is a nice gathering of tests, but it doesn't offer any ideas has to how to correct problems encountered.

Integration_directory_hmi tested successfully, and I read through the other OSS Notes, but none solved the issue.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check SM59->Integration_directory_hmi and test the connection in XI system

Also do the XI readiness check-884865

and SLD incosistence-764176

For http 403 error have a look into this-SAP note -751856

Regards,

Moorthy