cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal theme in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using EP6 SP7. I have integrated some webdynpro applications running on my local WAS system in the portal.

The problem I face is that whatever changes I make to the portal theme are not applied to the webdynpro iViews. Even if I select one of the 5 standard themes given by SAP I still see the webdynpro iViews in the same default blue colour.

The documentation says that webdynpro iVies pick up the portal theme by themselves, but this does not reflect in my portal. I also notice that this worked well in EP6 SP2 (we were using that earlier) but not in the SP7 version.

Please provide your inputs.

Regards,

Aniket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SP7 the Web Dynpro runtime uses the Web Dynpro theme by default. BUt you can switch this settings as described in the document about the theme settings in Web Dynpro available here in SDN.

So - this is not a bug but a feature

Best regards

Jochen

P.S. Even with SP9 you could have problems with the themes. If your portal is "too old" the used style sheets defining the theme are not compatible. In such cases you must use the Web Dynpro theme, to make sure that the Web Dynpro application runs properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jochen,

in SP8 (or SP Stack 5) this switch did not work for me. I changed the property in the UME property sheet but it had no effect. Thats why I considered it a bug.

I don't mind though since it works fine in SP9

Regards

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. I have tested in SP9 and it works. It also works in SP7 by changing the default theme name for webdynpro.

Cheers,

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

This was a bug within that specific version. Please install Stack 9 available now and everything will work fine.

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the same problem.

SP8 also had this issue, SP9 now fixed it, so get it, install and be happy