cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.StackOverflowError in SAP xMII 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP xMII 11.5 and Java 1.4. I am trying to display a large iGrid using irpt file. But it is not displaying the grid. I checked log in servletExec folder,it have java.lang.StackOverflowError. How can i solve this issued? Can it be resolved by setting -Xms parameter in Java Run-time environment in server(I am using Windows 2003 Server)? Or should I need to set it in any conf file or pref file inside servletExec folder? Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the pixel size dimensions you're using?

Any chance you've set the RowCount excessively high?

Try 100x100 with a small RowCount - does it display?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthias & Jeremy for the responses.

Yes, the rowCount of the query template is high (>100,000). It is woking for smaller data. Obviously, it is happening because of large data. But is there any way to make MII 11.5 to handle this much data? Or we must limit the rowCount?

Regards,

Subin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

mass data does not make sense in an "DOM-XML" system. It also does not scale well. Try to apply data windowing techniques and let users choose filters in advance.

Best regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Matt!

Does anybody have any idea about approximate upper limit of the row count, of query template, in MII 11.5?

Does the practical upper limit of the row count is depending on some other factors?

Comparing to 11.5, does MII 12 has higher data handling capacity?

We tried to display the data using irpt servlet and xsl (without using iGrid). Still it is failing with same error.

Regards,

Subin

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subin,

I think what you need is to go back to your business objective. There is no practical need for a grid with 100000+ rows, nor is there a realistic way to present that much data to the user. Not in any usable manner. Figure out what the real goal is and revise your presentation to achieve it.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

MII display applets are nothing else than standard applets. They are executed in the client VM mostly provided by the JavaPlugin in the browser. To give the applets more RAM use the -Xmx parameter and set it in the command line for the JavaPlugin VM. In Windows this can be found in systemcontrol->Java. 64M ist standard. Give it 250M for testing.

Oh, sorry. Just saw that you found the exception in the server log. Same holds for the server. So try to increase RAM for server VM with -Xmx. Server VM can easily be set to 1GB (but not more than about 1.5G in a 32 bit system).

Do you have the stack trace for this StackOverflow? Normally this points to endless recursion.

Good luck,

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Wald on Jan 21, 2011 11:11 PM

Edited by: Matthias Wald on Jan 24, 2011 3:46 PM