cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts in Text Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In text management, I have the basic understanding only.

I was searching the forum, I am not able to get the complete clarification. Let me point out my basic doubts.

Kindly ignore if the doubts are very childish.

In text management, there are some Text objects (VBBK, VBBP, KNMT etc) exist. For each Text objects, there are so many Text ID's (0001, 0002 etc) are assigned.

Then For each Text Objects (VBBK, VBBP, KNMT etc), there are so many Text Procedures (01, 06 etc) are assigned with some Groups (A, B, C etc).

Now under each Text Procedures also, there are so many Text ID's are assigned along with the the Access Sequence.

Under the Access sequence, again there are so many Text Objects are assigned and some Text ID's also.

Now my questions are

Why Text ID's are maintained in so many places? Is it not enough, if it is maintained under the Text Procedures?

Why Access Sequences are assigned with so many Text Objects? How this access sequence will work? Is this Access sequence work similarly like the one in Pricing?

Kindly explain.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Edited by: MullaiRaja on Jan 21, 2011 6:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try to explain in a simple way though you have asked to explain the whole of text determination.

To be honest, I have also not gone through for the questions you raised and with some little experience, I will try to explain.

1) Text ID

In this, let us assume you create some 50 IDs for Sales Document-Item.

2) Text Procedure

Next you can filter say 5 IDs to each of these text procedure to have a control and differentiate in sale order. Further you also have to assign an access sequence based on the requirement.

3) Access Sequence for Text ID's

Here you define the system to each access sequence, which Text Object and ID should be considered.

Also you define for which partner function the text id should work. Based on this, system will fetch the relevant text to delivery or billing by assigning the relevant routine.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply. Your explanation cleared my doubt.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Answers (0)