cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Anonymous access to an MDM repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement to configure anonymous access to a MDM repository (MDM 7.1 sp4) via the standard WebDynpro applications (search, resultset, detail) that are delivered by SAP. Is this possible and if so how? The Webdynpro applications are not displayed in any SAP Enterprise Portal.

Thanks.

Br

Göran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was able to solve the issue by adding the standard user J2EE_GUEST to my MDM repository. The J2EE_GUEST in MDM was given read access by adding a new defined role. The standard parameter authentication was set to false in the customized WebDynpro Java application.

Br

Göran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i understand from your question is, you want to access the MDM records in portal via the standard MDM business package using different users from portal and a single guest user from the MDM system

In this case you need to do the user mapping of all the users from the portal to a single user from MDM.

If i am not correct, correct me so that i can i reply you

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

No I don't want to access the MDM records via the portal. I want to access the MDM repository anonymously through my own customized WD Java application (running standalone NOT any portal), that references the standard WD Java applications (search, resultset, detail).

Br

Göran

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello -

for that you have to consume MDM WD Components. MDM Web Dynpro components are consumed by custom developed Web

Dynpro wrapper applications and can be used for customizing or applying different business logics to suit a variety of business scenarios such as Business Process Management (BPM).

as per my knowledge it can be handled through NWDS Studio .You use the MDM WD Configurator, to configure an MDM Project which includes any of the MDM generic components that are supported (Item Details, Result Set, and Search).

for more info you can go through the link below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/600333e0-9bf7-2c10-1f99-bf5dcf661949

HTH

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Thank you for your information but I have already done this. So my current state is that I have my own customized WebDynpro application that "consumes"/references the standard WebDynpro applications (search, resultset and detail). My question is more related to how I can access the MDM Repository anonymously through my WebDynpro application. I can of course try to set the WD application parameter authentication = "false" but then the accessed MDM repository will give an error saying that you don't have the correct priviligies etc. Do I need to hardcode the access to the MDM reposiotory in my WD application or can I setup an anonymous access towards the MDM repository?

Br

Göran