cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving complete HR (ABAP + Java) from 1 domain to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your opinion on a project im going to launch Q1 this year. We have implemented a new Active Directory in a new domain. There is trust between the 2 domains. Our current setup consist of

ABAP:

Dev single node

Q/A single node

Prod HA Cluster

Java/portal:

Dev single node

Q/A single node

Prod HA Cluster

in the new forest I want:

ABAP

Dev single node

Q/A HA cluster

Prod HA cluster

Java/portal:

Dev single node

Q/A HA cluster

Prod HA cluster

What would be your way of doing this? I thought of installing empty netweaver shells in the new domain and do system copies.. i would, however, like to copy the current prod to the new Dev server and take it from there as there are som issues in our current landscape (theyre not consistent - test in Q/A are not guarranteed to work in prod etc) Id like to fix this and make the systems consistent. I know we will loose dev history but if the system is reliable i would not mind..

Any suggestions / thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Soren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What would be your way of doing this? I thought of installing empty netweaver shells in the new domain and do system copies.. i would, however, like to copy the current prod to the new Dev server and take it from there as there are som issues in our current landscape (theyre not consistent - test in Q/A are not guarranteed to work in prod etc) Id like to fix this and make the systems consistent. I know we will loose dev history but if the system is reliable i would not mind..

Check

Note 1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

And for the history/versions of the ABAP development objects:

You can save those from the current DEV system and re-import them into the new system copies from prod with the help of

Note 130906 - How can versions be transported?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks this is valuable information. I have a (extremely skilled) guy from SAP Germany to help me with the project, but I want to prepare as much as possible before he arrives.

I didnt even think about the posibility to save the Dev hist, this gives me one less concern

Thanks again Markus, if you have more valuable links, notes and/-or tricks feel free to keep em coming Were running 604, and EP7.0.

Kind Regards,

Soren