cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Conversion: One recordset in the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario where I will be getting a file,it contains one header record and the rest are all item records.

Sample file record content:

name,category----

>header

price,city,month----

>item

Sample data:

guitar,instrument

100,kolkata,feb

125,mumbai,jan

200,delhi,dec

Now I am setting the recordset structure as :

header,1,item,*

In one file there would be only one header record and rest are all item records.

So the entire file is one recordset.

I am not putting any keyfield as what I thought is that as according to the recordset structure the first record would be considered as header and the rest all would be considered as items and as I know before hand that the entire file is one recordset.

But the file is not getting picked by the adapter.

Can any one please provide inputs and the possible solutions.

Thnx,

Pravesh Puria.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Pls check the error message corresponding to your sender communication channel in the Adapter Monitoring.

If u can mention that, we will have a clear picture as to what is causing the problem.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Even when u have one recordset,multiple occurance of items makes it mandator to give a keyField.

When u have multiple recordset then u have to give the keyField.Whenever u give a keyfieldName then it becomes mandatory to give a keyFieldValue for both header and items even though there is only one header field.So u need to have a common field in both header and item to define ur key field.

cheers

jithesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If file is not getting picked up , check the Adapter Monitoring.

There may be content conversion problem.

Give the Key field value As you are selecting the item mulitple times (item*) use key field value here.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Please check your conversion params with this blog

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S please mark helpful answers