cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CLM - Dropping "None" from value list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The value lists created have two basic options - Yes and No. But by default "None" appears when value lists are mapped to a field i.e., when we view the filed in "Create Contract", the field defaults to none and gives an option to select Yes or No. How can we drop "None" which gets defaulted by itself? Instead it should appear blank.

If there are any suggestions, please help us.

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik -

You cannot remove "none" from the value list.

One possible workaround I have seen some customers use is to "rename" the none to some other value. This has the affect changing the value in every value list used in the system. For example, I believe one customer changed the value to "select...". Would something like this work for you? This change can be made by changing the localized resource (Setup > System Setup > User Interface > Localized Resources). The localized resource to change is "bundle = cterms" and "id = cterm.none". Obviously, the value you should be updated for any language packs also installed.

I hope this is useful.

Thanks,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

From my observation for any drop down values default value is displayed as NONE in the drop down.

Work around would be creating a filed as type picker instead of Dropdown.

Thanks

Sai