cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM - Maximun Number of sessions with Firefighter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about the maximun number of sessions you can open when using FF Id.

I mean, my SAP system is configured to have 8 of sessions per user, if I have 7 sessions already opened (with my own user) and I enter with FF ID session, then I cannot open more sessions with the FF ID despite the fact that i am connected to SAP with two different users.

This means that I can open only 8 sessions (adding my own user and FF iD)

Anyone knows if it is possible to have (and how I can get it) at the same time 8 sessions with my user and 8 sessions with the FF ID i am using?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot both for the clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can open only 8 SAP sessions, including FF id sessions.

when you login in Firefighter using a particular FF id, you log into same system, as if you are doing local logon in SM59

check SM04 for exact details, what happens.

so per SAP you have used SM59 and had not logged as separate user via SAP logon pad.

hope you got my point

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alvaro,

A single firefighter ID can only be used for only 1 session.

So you cant use the same firefighter ID for 8 sessions.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I found that I can create different sessions with the same FF ID.

I mean, I know that FF ID user can only be used by one unique user at the same time, but once you are connected to the FF ID, you can create more that one session with the FF ID you are using, but no more than 8 sessions (adding my own user`s sessions and FF ID`s sessions): you can have 3 user`s sessions and 5 FF ID`s sessions or 6 user`s sessions and 2 FF ID`s sessions...but you cannt have 8 user`s sessions and 8 FF ID`s sessions....

Thakns

Former Member
0 Kudos

what Chinmaya is trying to say is that at any given time only one user can use any given FF id.....

Chinmaya please correct me if I am wrong....

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, That is correct. I must have misunderstood the initial question.

Regards,

Chinmaya