cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot, although 'no inspection'in Q-info rec.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is... i maintained 01 inspection type in material master QM view. but for particular vendor for this material i do not want inspection lot on GR. for that i maintain 'no inspection'in inspection control tab of Q-info record of the material and that particular vendor. even after the setting in Q-info record, inspection lot is generated on GR for the material from same vendor.

where i am missing the setting?... kindly clear the doubt.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have selected & entered Control Key either of the following

Vend.release

Delivery release.

Also make sure that you have ticked on the QM Procurement in QM view

I presume that Quality Info record with valid date from Vendor material & plant combination is present correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using material revisions? If yes create q info record for correct material revision.

If status profile is assigned in Q Info record, try without it.

Also check Q info is not marked for deletion.

Marwadi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

QM procurement is ticked and control key is delivery release, certificate req, and invoice block. where to tick "vendor release"in control key?

what do you mean by valid from date in Q-info record here?.... what to check to get correct valid from date? kindly explore this point.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by valid from date in Q-info record here?.... what to check to get correct valid from date? kindly explore this point.

valid date mean "release until " date in the Info record.If this date is over then Info record is No more Valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marwadi,

rev level is not used in mat master, status prof also not used and q-info rec not marked for deletion.

Hi sujit,

release untill date is of future and is correct. then what may be the reason that inspection lot generated on GR even though 'no inspection'is in Q-info record?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. may be those settings are not updated in ur po, try by creating new po and check

2. make sure that , while creating gr stock type in not changed to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini,

you are right that settings are not getting updated in PO as changes in Q-info record done after PO creation date.

But here my senerio is... i have a PO of 100 quantity and i have activate 01 inspection type in material master. now on inspecting 10 lots on GR against the PO , satisfied with vendor quality and do not want to continue inspection for further GR against same PO(not want to create new PO here). for that I put 'No inspection" in Q-info record for particular material vendor combination. even after this setting , system generating inspection lot on GR against PO and while GR stock type also 'Qulity inspection' only ,not change to Unrestricted

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

just open ur PO

CHECK QA Control Key FIELD(me22 additional data, me22n delivey)-qm control key in quality view should be present here.

enter control key here and save and check

when u change qm view after creating PO, this field is not updated at that time and so ur material is going to quality instead of unrestricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini,

yes i checked, the QM control key in not updated in PO, but my concern is why it is not updated in PO once i done changes in Q-info Record . where i missed the setting that control key is not updated automaticaaly on changes in Q-info record.

as for changes in PO procurement dept is authorised but regarding quality decision to stop QA check is to be monitor by QM dept. they are not authorised to change PO.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP in most cases does not retroactively update already created documents.

FF

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because you created PO before 'QM control key' activation.

In mormal process...

1) Active 'QM control key' in material master and create QIR with 'Inspection'.

2) Create PO with QM control key

3) Several inspection lot when GR against same PO.

4) Change QIR with 'No inspection'.

5) No more inspection lot when GR against same PO.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

no setting is missing from ur side. as per standard po does not get updated with qm control key. but if qm control is presentin po and u change q info record those changes will be reflected in po

to achive this, while creating material create it with qm control key having deleivery release, create q info record with inspection.

craete po, qm control key will be automatically copied. normal inspection.

when u does need insp. change it to no insp. material will go to unrestricted

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogini and Luke.

sorry for delay.

Regards,