Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Keyfigure Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing some issue with Key figure authorizations.

We have 2 Infoproviders X and Y and both has the Key figure u2018KF1u2019.

The requirement is for the queries on Infoprovider u2019Xu2019, we should be able to see the keyfigure u2018KF1u2019 and for the queries on Infoprovider u2018Yu2019, we should restrict the same keyfigure u2018KF1u2019.

For this we have created 2 roles using Analysis Authorizations, one with access to queries on u2018Xu2019 and access to u2018KF1u2019 and the other with access to queries on u2018Yu2019 and restricting the access to u2018KF1u2019. These 2 roles are working fine when assigned individually.

When we merge these 2 roles i.e. if we assign the 2 roles to same user, when he executes query on Y he is able to see the KF1 which ideally he shouldnu2019t have access to.

With the new concept of Authorizations in BI 7.0, We are able to restrict the characteristics w.r.t Infoprovider i.e. we can implement analysis authorizations such that the same characteristic is visible in query on Infoprovider u2018Xu2019 and not visible in Infoprovider u2018Yu2019. In case of characteristics these roles are working fine even when both the roles are assigned to the same user.

But in case of Key figures we are not able to implement the same.

Please let me know if there is any way to implement this.

Regards,

Jaya

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if your reports are built on a multiprovider that contains Infoproviders X and Y both?

thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,

Initially our reports are built on multiprovider which has both 'X' and 'Y' Infoproviders.

After facing this issue we have removed Infoprovider 'X' and added another infoprovider from which we can get all the info that is there in 'X' and we have restricted key figure authorization in the new infoprovider also.

Now we have our multiprovider on 2 Infoproviders and in both of them we have restricted the key figure. But the user need to see the reports on infoprovider 'X' also. So we have assigned both the roles to the user.

Regards,

Jaya

0 Kudos

Try to put additional restriction with object S_RS_ICUBE. Aslo in S_RS_COMP for field RSZCOMPTP try give specifically RKF authorization only and see if that works.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

I assume you have restricted the user's access to KF1 for the Multiprovider containing infoprovider Y+ new infoprovider similar to X via auth object S_RS_COMP. Can you please check and confirm the values put in that object?

0 Kudos

We have restricted the Key figure access using authorization relevant characteristic 0TCAKYFNM.

we have already restricted infoprovider access in S_RS_COMP.

Also this keyfigure we haven't added directly to the queries. It is attribute of one of the characteristics that we have used in Query.

Regards,

Jaya