cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VT04 - multiple selection variants possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we create shipments "manually" via VT01n, we have 2 different selection variants to add deliveries onto the shipments:

- one variant which selects all deliveries without route schedule also those for which the goods issue date is in the future

- one variant which selects all deliveries with route schedule and where the goods issue date of delivery is set on "Today" or in the past

There is no way to "combine" these 2 variants into 1 variant, because we would miss some deliveries that way

We want to use transaction VT04/VT07 to automatically create these shipments.

But in the selection screen of VT04, you can only set one selection variant (field is not "multiple selectable) to add deliveries and there is no option to set the 2 selection variants we have created above

Are there any other options?

Thanks for your help.

Kr,

Alexander

Edited by: Alexander Vilain on Jan 21, 2011 12:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As your requirement is to complicated for one selection variant and to have the deliveries selected in the background in VT04.

Other threads in the forums have suggested using a BADi see SAP note: 617793 and 602681.

Thanks James

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I hope you have resolved your issue by now. Anyway, I just wonder if you create two different selection variants, and schedule them in the same background job. I am not sure why you can't create two selection variants and schedule them as background job.

It's just a suggestion.

Quynh Nguyen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check enhancements available in Function Module 'SD_DELIVERY_FOR_TRANSPORT'.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominik, James,

Thank you both for your help!

kr,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

They way I interpret your question is, when you use VT01N you have the option of grouping deliveries into one shipment i.e . multiple deliveries into one shipment.

Based on that understanding :

Did you try to use transportation chain option in VT04 to group deliveries.

Click on the "Create Transportation Chain "

And use " Multiple grouping criteria and data options " as required by you.

You can have same shipping type for example truck and group the deliveries as main, preliminary legs etc.

There needs to lot of testing to make sure deliveries are picking up correct and later VT07 to schedule batch job

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Naga Yarramsetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

I think you misunderstood my question :-).

- I don't have 2 different selection variants to group certain deliveries together.

If I was able to use only one selection variant to add all required deliveries onto one shipment, I would and than I was perfecly able to use VT04.

- If the selection field "Selection variant" in VT04 was multiple selectable, I wouldn't have a problem as well. Than I could fill in my 2 selection variants to select all the delviveries that I want to put on the same shipment.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

kr,

Alexander