cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cash sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

my question is what is the difference between cash sales and normal sale in accounting concern . in cash sales how cash accounts will get updated. do we need separate pricing procedure for cash sales in order to assign EVV accounting Key and do we assign EVV to all condition types we are using for cash sales.

Thanks and regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie,

We dont need different pricing proc.

We can turn any billing doc type to a cash sale billing (i.e. customer sub ledger is not debited, instead a G/L is debited with differemt posting key) by maintianing " Acc. det. cash. set" field in billing doc type( T-code VOFA)

And the determination of G/Ls is through OV77 i.e Sales & Distri -> basic functions -> Accnt Assn/Costing -> Cash Acc Detr -> Assign G/L Accounts.

Depending upon our combination maintained here in OV77 the system will fetch the G/L.

Regards

Denish Patel

Edited by: denish__01 on Jan 23, 2011 1:59 PM

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear alisap1000,

No we dont need seperate pricing procedure for cash sales.

In general, SAP picks up the customer account from the billing document for offset entry, but in the case of cash sales, since

the entry has to flow to the cash account, the account key EVV is assigned to the billing type BV when assigning the revenue account determination procedure customization.

An entry for this account key, EVV, is then maintained in VKOA tables, and that triggers the accounting offset entry for the cash account for BV billing documents.

Since the payment is collected against the invoice generated from the CS sales document, a reference of the same is required in the accounting entry being passed. This is achieved by selecting the value B in the assignment and the reference number field

at the header-level copy control between order and billing.

Hope this clears you issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check -

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accounts Receivables is NOT present in cash sales, where as in normal & rush order sales, receivables are present.